H&R race springs, could touching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H&R race springs, could touching

Installed brand new h&r race springs with new spring pads, new bilstein sport shocks and mount this passed weekend and found that the coils are touching while on the ground, wondering if anyone has had this happen and if there's a fix to this?

Stock 87 325e, has a sub box with two 12" subs, if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

It's normal for H&R race.
    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

No issues with bottoming out or rubbing of the coils?

sigpic

Comment

Do the bump stops hit before the coil bottoms put completely?

What is that like 20mm of bump travel?

Comment

Didn't think about that. I'll check it out tomorrow. Just wanted to get some input from the forum. Thanks guys.

sigpic

Comment

Oh another thing, the jounce on the rear is really soft compared to the fronts, I feel like that shouldn't be the case being that the rear springs rates should be higher, right?

sigpic

Comment

Remember you are contending with motion ratios as well as spring rate. The rear suspension motion ratio is considerably smaller than the front. ie when the wheel goes up ~50mm the rear spring only compresses liek 20mm, or whatever it is. (motion ratio is 0.65ish i belive)

So the spring rate of the rear is higher, but the spring rate at wheel is probably lower.

Generally on rwd cars the rear suspension are softer to get some more grip out of the corners. But depends i guess, drifters seem to love rock hard springs at both ends.

Comment

Working...
              X