M42 Rod bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M42 Rod bolts

I am wondering what the socket is called to remove the rod bolts, what size as well? I don't speak German and don't have one removed to take with me to the shop.

its a bitch finding parts for the m42 here am i right? you would think being staioned in germany would help with a GERMAN CAR but not really

Comment

Star or E-Socket are a few terms. Others call them torx, but torx is technically the opposite gender. I.E. - Bolt is female, not male.

Comment

it is called a torx socket. I believe the size is T-12

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
        Ig:ryno_pzk
        I like the tuna here.
        Originally posted by lambo
        Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by duleymane///iS View Post
          its a bitch finding parts for the m42 here am i right? you would think being staioned in germany would help with a GERMAN CAR but not really
          I have had pretty good luck with ebay.de but most stuff I order from Blunttech. Steve will have the stuff shipped to him and then repackage it and send it USPS to me. I usually get it within a week. I recommend him if you need anything.
          Plus, most of the stuff is more expensive here which doesn't make any sense at all.

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
          it is called a torx socket. I believe the size is T-12
          Thanks, knowing the size should help out some. Good luck with your shutting off issue. Wish I had more experience with these engines and could offer some good advice.

Comment

Working...
          X