Testing a new S52 exhaust recipe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing a new S52 exhaust recipe...

I pulled the trigger on a few items yesterday.

Going to have my shop do a custom 2.5 inch exhaust with no cats from the headers back.

Vibrant Ultraquiet resonator
    V
    V
    Borla ProXs
    V
    V
    Megan MDT-R (matte black can/dual 3 inch tips)

Can't wait for the parts to arrive.

I'm just hoping it's not obnoxiously loud and raspy. Taking a bit of a gamble on the megan can.

Stay tuned for clips.....

ZF320 | M50 Mani | TRM + 21.5lb Injectors + 3.5in MAF | E36 M3 Rack/Driveshaft | Megan Coilovers | 002R/452's
    In the works: UUC Evo 3/DSSR, JB Racing lightweight Flywheel, Shrick cams, BBK (yet to be determined)
    I NEED A WINGLESS AW TRUNK LID PLEASE PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE!

I have a smilar setup with a scorpion muffler.
    Interested to see how yours comes out.
    The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

In for results!
      320I - under construction

Comment

I'm trying to figure out what to add to my s52's exhaust to quiet it down a little bit. I don't really want to add another muffler though. Curious to see how this will sound
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
        1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
        1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
        1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Originally posted by craiggroves91 View Post
          I'm trying to figure out what to add to my s52's exhaust to quiet it down a little bit. I don't really want to add another muffler though. Curious to see how this will sound
          an s52 only needs 1 muffler; just one really really good one.
          Eisenmann race or Supersprint race both do the job very well.

after cat delete it will still pass sound @ laguna seca.
          OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
            an s52 only needs 1 muffler; just one really really good one.
            Eisenmann race or Supersprint race both do the job very well.

after cat delete it will still pass sound @ laguna seca.
            I added a high-flow cat and its better now.

Eisenmann and supersprint are way too expensive and produce the higher raspy noise.

My exhaust is deep and throaty.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
            1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
            1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
            1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

I have eBay headers with 2 high flow cats and a scorpion muffler. Car is waaaayyy quiet! Anything over 4k it sounds very nice, still not loud but perfect tone and no rasp. Below 4k or at idle you would never be able to tell that it's a swapped car. Quieter then brand new oem exhaust with a m20
              The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Originally posted by craiggroves91 View Post
                I added a high-flow cat and its better now.

Eisenmann and supersprint are way too expensive and produce the higher raspy noise.

My exhaust is deep and throaty.
                My supersprint sounds glorious; un mistakable sound

One can buy either high end exhaust inexpensive secondhand.

Supersprint is quiet at idle and has 0 rasp ; the sound is amazing. Nice mufflers is designed to not drone on the freeway just like the stock e36m unut.

Dont hate because its a nicer item and you have not tried it personally: my daily 98 m3 has a supersprint; its brassy and low. The e30 lemons has a mystery ebay back section with rabdom middle with 2x resonators; its not bad at all but definitely raspy.

Raspy note is a s54 problem that most cant afford to have.

My last sedan m3 had eisenmann; its a little ringy er but sounds like a ferrari ring from a distance on the track.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
                OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Thats it? damn people! lets post some pictures eh? lets see how it turned out. OP have you finished the job? what do you think about it? write your review about your experimentation, thats how good things comes to life, by sharing our failures or better, by discovering some new combination that works, and if it does work, better for us! then we know what to get without having to suck a deek for a supersprint set up.
                  sigpic

Comment

OP, have you ever finished this exhaust setup?
                    Any feedback on Megan MDT muffler?
                    Thanks
                    "i love vee tek, its a wonderful sound when you driving right by it"

If you bought anything from me, please leave a feedback here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ghlight=drulle

Comment

Working...
                    X