Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noid View Post
    http://www.armchair.mb.ca/~dave/BMW/e30/

Look at sections 7000 and 8000 in the PDF.
    thanks for all your help; I looked through the PDF but there nothing indicating WHAT I'm supposed to be looking for. I removed the lower column cover to see if there is a plug or connection. it's all spaghetti to me.

The picture diagrams are useful but all I see on the schematic :is look for details to s213."
    when I go to look I don't see anything to shows me what I'm suppose to be searching for.
    sigpic

Comment

Bump on this....having the same issue and I am super perplexed!

Comment

OBC doesn't light up

Bump on this, having the same issue on 87 IS

Comment

Aaaand two years after this was posted I'm having this issue as well. It's not light bar (used a new one) and not the OBC (replaced with a different one and same results).

I may mess with it some more this weekend, but curious as to whether this was ever resolved!

Comment

Hey all, just wanted to bump this old post instead of making a new one. Also having the same symptoms. New light board doesn’t work.
            1985 325e Sedan, 1986 325e Sedan, 2006 BMW X5, 2012 M3 Sedan, 2013 135is, 2017 M3 Sedan ZCP Competition

Comment

Probably the bulb you have is not an OEM bulb as most are NLA.

AND, aftermarket parts usually never fit proper.

I just spent an hour diag wires to find the the 2 pins that go into the "Bulb socket" are not making it into the holes. With a little bend of the male pins inside of the OBC the finally went into the bulb socket holes and the bulb function is now working.

I had a programma bulb, yours may vary.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                Probably the bulb you have is not an OEM bulb as most are NLA.

AND, aftermarket parts usually never fit proper.

I just spent an hour diag wires to find the the 2 pins that go into the "Bulb socket" are not making it into the holes. With a little bend of the male pins inside of the OBC the finally went into the bulb socket holes and the bulb function is now working.

I had a programma bulb, yours may vary.
                That's insanely helpful. I also have bought the programma set. I'll give that a shot. Thanks!
                1985 325e Sedan, 1986 325e Sedan, 2006 BMW X5, 2012 M3 Sedan, 2013 135is, 2017 M3 Sedan ZCP Competition

Comment

Keep us posted!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                  @Zakspeed_US

Comment

I want to point out that the backlit buttons come on with the dash lights but the LCD backlights only come on with the key in the ACC or ON position

the bulb in the back of the OBC unit that illuminates the buttons is the same as the dash bulbs and are not NLA

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Same issue here. Anyone figure this out? What is the connector number on the on the obc? Buttons work fine. 2 light boards not lighting up.

Comment

Having the same issue Anyone ever find out? Before taking out the OBC this morning, it was working fine, but then I took it out to replace the bulb for the buttons, and after I put it back in, it was very dim. I have power up to the green plug, and I have swapped in 2 other OBCs with the same result. Took one of the lightstips out, and tested it, and the left-side pin is barely getting any power, its almost like a capacitor is bad or something. I have no idea, and this is the only forum I have been able to find anything remotely close to my issue.

Comment

Originally posted by thrashandburnn View Post
                          Having the same issue Anyone ever find out? Before taking out the OBC this morning, it was working fine, but then I took it out to replace the bulb for the buttons, and after I put it back in, it was very dim. I have power up to the green plug, and I have swapped in 2 other OBCs with the same result. Took one of the lightstips out, and tested it, and the left-side pin is barely getting any power, its almost like a capacitor is bad or something. I have no idea, and this is the only forum I have been able to find anything remotely close to my issue.
                          I also still have this exact issue after months of trying shit. Replaced so many things at this point… I don’t care anymore. I’ll deal with a broken obc I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by khiobrien2 View Post

I also still have this exact issue after months of trying shit. Replaced so many things at this point… I don’t care anymore. I’ll deal with a broken obc I guess.
                            I ended up figuring out what my issue was. I had a bad capacitor on the inside of the OBC. i just jumped it using a small piece of wire and some solder straight into the light bar. Works normally now, and even the dimmer works. If you really want to dig that deep into it like I did, you gotta start testing all those small electronics.

Comment

Originally posted by thrashandburnn View Post

I ended up figuring out what my issue was. I had a bad capacitor on the inside of the OBC. i just jumped it using a small piece of wire and some solder straight into the light bar. Works normally now, and even the dimmer works. If you really want to dig that deep into it like I did, you gotta start testing all those small electronics.
                              Thanks for posting what you figured out!
                              1992 325i Cabrio
                              1988 320i Touring
                              2000 M5
                              1977 530i
                              2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                              BMWCCA
                              E30CCA

Comment

Working...
                              X