MTech II Wheel Install *PLEASE HELP*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MTech II Wheel Install *PLEASE HELP*

So I got an Mtech 2 370mm. wheel recently and went to install it today but ran into some issues. Put the wheel in and it was getting stuck on the slip ring pin so grabbed some pliers and pulled it out.

I then installed original Spacer plus two more. Then put on the wheel and then another spacer just to get the wheel nut to tighten down enough to drive it and there is still a little play in the wheel. Now there is a huge gap between the back of the wheel and the steering column interface. I have a 91 325i and did airbag delete already. Am I doing this wrong or missing something? I just want the wheel to fit flush and tight properly.

The way it looks I guess I will have to fit a very thick spacer in front of the steering wheel.
    Attached Files
    [/SIGPIC]

Put the wheel on, then put the spacers/washers on and tighten down with the nut.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

wheel

Not sure but four spacers? I thought it went spacer,wheel,spacer, washer and nut. Two spacers.

Comment

Working...
      X