90 325i won't start!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 325i won't start!

already made a post but apparently it didn't go through , basicly car needs a tuneup and was sputtering , i ran seafoam through it and most of the sputter and bad idle went away but still sputtered when i punched it. about a week later i turned of my car , wouldn't turn back on after 30 minutes it started back up , next day did the same thing , later on in that day at a car meet it wouldn't start at all and i had to tow it home , I'm going to check for fuel pressure tomorrow but why would it have worked the last 2 times after tinkering with spark plugs and wires and then not not at all ? please help guys! fuel pump ? CPS? Ignition coil?

tested the fuel pressure with a gauge and i have zero fuel pressure , so does that mean fuel pump? help please:(

Comment

When was the last time you changed the fuel filter? Also have you checked your fuel pump fuse?

Comment

Do you have power at the pump? Do you hear it cycle when you turn the key on? Are you sure you have gas? Check in both sides of the tank. One of my e30's didn't start and it had a lot of gas in the passenger side of the saddle tank. A month later I checked the driver side (pump side) and it was bone dry.

With a problem like this you need to check for the basics. Air fuel spark. Imagine the whole car as a big ass tree, and you need to figure out which branches to cut off. Do we have good spark? Cool, we don't have to worry about ignition. Do we have fuel? Okay let's look at the fuel system. Narrow it down and diagnose
        BMW tech
        Umass Amherst
        05 wrx sti

Comment

Working...
        X