X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
    ^
    Actually i disagree with your assessment 318is. The fact he has both parties upset is a measure of success imho. The DC establishment hates him and he's a threat to their business as usual life style, both parties. The R's are as guilty as the D's.

DC needs to be restructured, term limits voted in as a amendment, and people like Mad Maxine Waters, John McCain, Chuck Schumer and their like need to go home.

And it will never happen with a traditional politician.

BTW when is the last time either party actually cut the size of government like his budget proposes?
    How exactly do you get politicians to agree to changes in law if you piss them off? Either for term limits, or healthcare, or budget cuts, or anything that you plan to do while in the executive office?

That's the funny thing with the logic here is that any true changes to the way the government works have to go through congress, the president can issue as many executive orders as he wants, but they are only temporary until a court strikes them down or a new executive comes in and reverses course (just like Trump did to many of Obama's EOs).

So explain it to me why pissing off Congress is a success? The only rationale that I can come up with is that Trump is hoping to label Congress as being in the wrong when things can't get done and therefore citizens vote them out bringing in new people that presumably are more agreeable to Trump than those voted out.

If that's the case with your thinking here than I'm going to say good luck with that because from what I've seen, people are much more likely to focus in on the President than they are on their representatives.

I'm curious...

Comment

Trump Called Duterte to Congratulate Him on His Murderous Drug War: “You Are Doing an Amazing Job”

In a phone call from the White House late last month, U.S. President Donald Trump heaped praise on Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, one of the world’s most murderous heads of state, for doing what Trump called an “unbelievable job” in his war on drugs. Trump offered an unqualified endorsement of Duterte’s bloody extermination campaign against suspected drug dealers and users, which has included open calls for extrajudicial murders and promises of pardons and immunity for the killers.

“You are a good man,” Trump told Duterte, according to an official transcript of the April 29 call produced by the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs and obtained by The Intercept. “Keep up the good work,” Trump told Duterte. “You are doing an amazing job.”

Trump began the call by telling Duterte, “You don’t sleep much, you’re just like me,” before quickly pivoting to the strongman’s drug war.

“I just wanted to congratulate you because I am hearing of the unbelievable job on the drug problem,” Trump told Duterte at the beginning of their call, according to the document. “Many countries have the problem, we have a problem, but what a great job you are doing and I just wanted to call and tell you that.”

“Thank you Mr. President,” replied Duterte. “This is the scourge of my nation now and I have to do something to preserve the Filipino nation.”

The transcript, which contains numerous typographical errors, was authenticated by well-placed sources in the Palace and the Department of Foreign Affairs by reporters at the Manila-based news outlet Rappler, which collaborated with The Intercept on this story.

Since Duterte took office in June, Philippine national police and vigilante death squads have embarked on a campaign to slaughter drug users as well as drug dealers. “Hitler massacred three million Jews [sic], now, there’s three million drug addicts. I’d be happy to slaughter them,” he said in September. Last month, he told a group of jobless Filipinos that they should “kill all the drug addicts.” Police have killed over 7,000 people, devastated poor areas of Manila and other cities, and used the drug war as a pretext to murder government officials and community leaders.

The new details of Trump’s call with Duterte come on the heels of the Philippine president’s announcement that he is imposing martial law on the autonomous island of Mindanao, where government forces are battling Islamist rebels. “If I had to kill thousands of people just to keep Philippines a thousand times safer, I will not have doubts doing it,” Duterte said.

On the April 29 call, Trump pointed out to Duterte that his predecessor in the White House had been critical of the rising body count under Duterte’s reign in the Philippines, but that Trump himself gets it. “I understand that, and fully understand that, and I think we had a previous president who did not understand that,” Trump said, “but I understand that and we have spoken about this before.”

When the Obama administration offered some tempered criticism of Duterte’s killing spree, Duterte called the U.S. president the “son of a whore” and an “idiot” who “can go to hell.” Speaking in Beijing in October, Duterte said, “America has lost now. I’ve realigned myself in your ideological flow. And maybe I will also go to Russia to talk to Putin and tell him that there are three of us against the world: China, Philippines and Russia. It’s the only way.”

However, in the wake of Trump’s election, Duterte said, “I don’t want to quarrel anymore, because Trump has won.” On the April call, Trump addressed Duterte warmly by his first name, Rodrigo, and Duterte thanked Trump for his sentiments on Obama.

This week, Duterte was slated to be in Russia for a five-day trip, including a meeting with President Vladimir Putin, whom he has called his “favorite hero.” On Tuesday, Duterte announced from Moscow that he was cutting the trip short in light of his declaration of martial law and fighting between rebels and the government in Mindanao.

Following the call last month, the White House publicly described a “very friendly conversation” that culminated with an invitation for an Oval Office meeting. “To endorse Duterte is to endorse a man who advocates mass murder and who has admitted to killing people himself,” said John Sifton, the Asia advocacy director for Human Rights Watch, reacting to the transcript. “Endorsing his methods is a celebration of the death of the poor and vulnerable.”

Duterte’s police killings are widely recognized by the international community as an ongoing atrocity. The “war on drugs” has drawn condemnation from the United Nations Special Rapporteur on extrajudicial killings, and last month a Philippine lawyer filed a complaint with the International Criminal Court accusing Duterte of mass murder and crimes against humanity. The State Department’s annual human rights report acknowledges thousands of “extrajudicial killings” with impunity and calls them the country’s “chief human rights concern.”

Killing is nothing new for Duterte. His bloody record started in 1988, when he became the mayor of Davao City, a coastal city in the southern Philippines. During his tenure, he earned the nickname “the Death Squad Mayor” — a title he embraces. According to one former hitman, Duterte formed an organization called the “Davao Death Squad” — a mafia-like organization of plainclothes assassins that would kill suspected criminals, journalists, and opposition politicians, often from the backs of motorcycles. Multiple former members of the group have come forward and said that they killed people on Duterte’s direct orders.

Duterte has even bragged that he personally killed criminals from the back of a motorcycle. “In Davao I used to do it personally,” he told a group of business leaders in Manila. “Just to show to the guys [police officers] that if I can do it, why can’t you.”

In 2016, Duterte campaigned on a policy of mass extermination for anyone involved in the drug trade. “I’d be happy to slaughter them. If Germany had Hitler, the Philippines would have me,” Duterte said after his inauguration in September.

Despite human rights concerns, the U.S. has long considered the Philippines a military ally, and under Obama the U.S. gave the country’s military tens of millions of dollars in weapons and resources per year. The U.S. government does not provide lethal weapons directly to the Philippine National Police, which has a decadeslong history of extrajudicial killings. But it does allow U.S. weapons manufacturers to sell to them directly. In 2015 the State Department authorized more than $250 million in arms sales from U.S. defense contractors to security forces in the Philippines.

After Duterte’s election, Obama’s State Department halted one sale of assault rifles to the Philippines, largely due to the objections of Sen. Ben Cardin, D-Md., the leading Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

The Philippines became a colony of the United States in 1898 as a result of the Spanish-American War. A long insurgency followed, and the country didn’t win full independence until 1946.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

So lemme get this straight. Trump and the Repugnants endlessly criticized Hillary for her email server eventhough the FBI found nothing illegal. And now Trump himself is leaking classified info to our mortal enemy causing our biggest ally to end intelligence sharing with us. Unbelievable. You can't make this shit up.

Hillary would have made a much better President and that is a FACT. A rock would have made a much better President for that matter. Anyone with half a brain knew this before the election. Which can only mean one thing, Trump voters don't have half a brain or much of one at all.

Never forget folks, if you voted for this cretin you're a fucking idiot. Tattoo it on your forehead.

Comment

The thing is the president can tell national secrets, I'd rather not see any president do it so off the cuff but it's allowed. Sec of State has to follow the rules and anyone that works for the US Gov't that has an email account knows and signs a disclosure form.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
            So lemme get this straight. Trump and the Repugnants endlessly criticized Hillary for her email server eventhough the FBI found nothing illegal. And now Trump himself is leaking classified info to our mortal enemy causing our biggest ally to end intelligence sharing with us. Unbelievable. You can't make this shit up.

Hillary would have made a much better President and that is a FACT. A rock would have made a much better President for that matter. Anyone with half a brain knew this before the election. Which can only mean one thing, Trump voters don't have half a brain or much of one at all.

Never forget folks, if you voted for this cretin you're a fucking idiot. Tattoo it on your forehead.
            #triggered

Have you been laying off the weed? You seem tense.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

pretty much an excuse to cut deep into ACA medicare to justify removing the increased ACA taxes on wealthy.

dumb.

Comment

Don't think they should have killed ACA just needed to be reformed and tweaked prior to being put into effect years ago. It has been failing but it did give people health care.

The country did deserve that, but they also deserved a better product and not to be taxed on it as well.
                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

we can definitely do better than ACA and it's not going to look like AHCA if it's going to improve the healthcare access and costs for the bulk of americans

Comment

Some folks are saying its not fair to compare before Obama Care figures to Obama Care figures, but that's bullshit posturing. The facts are: health care was cheaper before Obama Care both in premiums and deductibles.
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                      http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/pr...rticle/2623993

Some folks are saying its not fair to compare before Obama Care figures to Obama Care figures, but that's bullshit posturing. The facts are: health care was cheaper before Obama Care both in premiums and deductibles.
                      Seriously.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

"At a NATO summit in Brussels with top EU leaders, president Trump scolded Germany, and vowed to put an end to the country’s hefty car exports to the U.S., multiple German and now English-language news outlets report.

Trump had harsh words to say about what he claims is Germany’s trade imbalance with the U.S.

The president allegedly told the leaders:
                        The Germans are bad, very bad... Look at the millions of cars they sell in the US. We will stop this."

DT's SLR just for the record (recent photo) -
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	xxxx.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	7190906

Name:	xxx1.jpg
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	7190907

Name:	how many days.jpg
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	7190908

I don't know that there is any criminal intent in these very early scandals (maybe among his staff however, colluding with Russians)...

(I'd also point out as a democrat that we've just had 8 years of no scandals, no affairs, no third wives, etc)

I don't know that all this behavior has yet risen to the level of Deep Throat's "Follow the Money," like Nixon's actions....

But I believe that these events are the result of complete incompetency. They have no idea how to run a government, a modern economy, or how to be honest and straight with people. These are insecure, arrogant, middle schoolers allowed to run loose in our White House. It's an historical travesty - because people didn't show up to vote and they had heartburn with unpleasant Secretary Clinton - which we now need to just survive. Great damage can be done by a man like this and the sycophants around him, even with all our checks and balances - people still need to put on their uniforms and show up and fulfill the duties of their jobs or the whole thing falls apart.

The obvious arrogance in everything he does....

If this was someone you worked with, you'd call him an asshole. Admit it.

And the constant drumbeat of the far right telling us they just want liberty and freedom, like they were on the boat with George Washington.... This argument just leads to Every man for himself, Take care of your own, Other people's troubles are not my problem, We don't need infrastructure, We'll live in caves with our clan and guns to protect our salt pork. It reveals a complete lack of empathy for other people, unless they agree with you. A lack of understanding of what it's like to live like other people - with disabilities, with lack of education, with health problems, who are just trying to learn your language, who's jobs have disappeared because of lack of training.

Anti-social behavior is what we're seeing, and all those words have the same root - social, anti-social, society.....see? We live in a civilization. That means we are civil to one another. Not US versus THEM, not you against me. Your freedom is not being taken away, you just have to learn to live together in a civil way, not have everything your way. Even cavemen (from GEICO?) lived together in groups and shared tasks based on skills and specialties. Some are better at trapping rabbits, some are better at software engineering.

Unless you want to go live out on the ice completely alone, with no outside support or police or highway budgets or organizations making sure your water is safe, you'd better learn to accept the fact that we live in a society and have to work out our differences.

Comment

RE: Healthcare costs:

Wrong assumptions of incomplete facts. Healthcare WAS cheaper yes. It has been going up since forever. It would have been much much worse had the ACA not tried to moderate the out of control medical delivery system we have in place, where businessmen run it for profit instead of doctors for patient care.

Comment

You guys want to run a moderate, intelligent Republican, like an Eisenhower, a Howard Baker, even a Bob Dole or a McCain (before he went nuts and picked Palin), we'll listen to them, we'll consider voting for them.

But if you keep dragging these incompetent, ignorant, jingoistic, kooks out of the woodwork, they will never get our support. They are running this country into the ground and destroying the principles it was founded to endorse.

Comment

"I WANT TO BUILD MORE JOBS IN AMERICA"

Talks about banning German brand cars that are mostly manufactured in America for the American market.

LOGIC.
                              Steve • Toronto
                              1991 318is • Brillantrot
                              Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                                You guys want to run a moderate, intelligent Republican, like an Eisenhower, a Howard Baker, even a Bob Dole or a McCain (before he went nuts and picked Palin), we'll listen to them, we'll consider voting for them.

But if you keep dragging these incompetent, ignorant, jingoistic, kooks out of the woodwork, they will never get our support. They are running this country into the ground and destroying the principles it was founded to endorse.
                                No you won't. That's a bold face lie. Anyone not insanely liberal will be called Hitler.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
                                Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                                Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                                Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                                X