R3V Students thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CMBusch View Post
    Damn, 2011 was a long time ago. I'm just a sophomore, but I'll probably have to take that at some point as well. Good luck though!
    Hah thanks. Yeah time flies. I was able to cram everything into 4 years then graduated, moved to the Midwest for a year, came back, and have been living in LA for 8 months. College will fly by so make the best of it (not just the studying) :). My gf is finishing up her senior year right now, and I visit her every 2 weeks. So that's enough for me when I'm missing college, then I get over myself. :giggle:

SP

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by CMBusch View Post
      Damn, 2011 was a long time ago.
      Right? Just about the time I got into e30s. Now I'm studying in Vienna for a semester and I really miss my car.
      The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
      Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
      2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
      2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
        Hah thanks. Yeah time flies. I was able to cram everything into 4 years then graduated, moved to the Midwest for a year, came back, and have been living in LA for 8 months. College will fly by so make the best of it (not just the studying) :). My gf is finishing up her senior year right now, and I visit her every 2 weeks. So that's enough for me when I'm missing college, then I get over myself. :giggle:

SP
        That's impressive. I'm looking at 2 more years right now because I transferred, switched majors, fucked up, etc... I commute to school from home now and I definitely miss campus life, however living at home saves a ton of money and makes this whole E30 nonsense possible. That's pretty cool, you kinda get the best of both worlds.

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
        Right? Just about the time I got into e30s. Now I'm studying in Vienna for a semester and I really miss my car.
        Yeah I really missed my car when I went to school in Boston. I didn't get my E30 until I transferred/moved back home, but I get where you're coming from. Haha I was a freshman in high school in 2011, I didn't even know what E30's where and knew nothing about cars.
        Originally posted by Melon
        Engine work takes patience and finesse.

Suspension work takes anger, a big fucking hammer, and a torch.

Comment

So turns out I received my AS in Engineering Science in December but since I was still doing another semester this spring I just never got back to checking my graduation status. So yay for having a degree!? ...Only took me 3 1/2 years at CC. I'm up in the air about walking for graduation this May or just get the degree and not walk..

Still in the middle of applying to a bunch of schools to transfer to for the fall, But I heard back from my number 1 choice last week to ask how my final grades went from last fall and from what the transfer advisor was telling me so long as I get basically all A's this semester I have a really good shot at getting in. Which is awesome to hear since when I spoke to him last in December for instant decision day he told me I was very on the edge of getting accepted since I had retaken quite a few classes, and my grades aren't amazing. (I was very negligent about my grades and classes when originally going from HS to college) So just a reminder to stay on top of my shit this semester! Although electrical machinery is proving be a little more difficult than I originally thought.
          -Dee
          5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
          IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Is anyone here going to FSAE Michigan?

Apparently I'm going, despite being a first year - only because they need someone to trailer the car down... they're all under 25 so they can't be insured on the team's vehicle.
            Last edited by Northern; 04-26-2017, 05:49 AM.
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I know this is a longshot, but anyone here go to University of California, Merced? Just graduated w my BS in Human Biology ;)

Comment

Westfield state university--- anyone here? Spotted this 318 this morning in the commuter lot and had to park next to it.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
                (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

I guess Friday was "drive your cool car to campus day"... Still need to figure out who drives the 318. I need some friends here.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
                  (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Haven't been on here in a while. Anyone on here go to Georgia Tech? Ive seen some rad e30s and e36s on campus. You guys should join Wreck Racing and help us beat on our 1991 318i race car, and help us fix our EG33 rear engined swapped Honda Insight and LS swapped e28 for our Grassroots motorsports competition in october.

Comment

Last day of classes was yesterday. Finals start tomorrow (a fucking wednesday). So yeah.. Thats right, I get one whole DEAD DAY! And of course new content was introduced yesterday which will be on the final.

Additionally, I have a prof for two courses and what Ive learned is never take another class with him because he doesnt believe in partial credit..

Oh, and the sewage has backed up twice in the last two weeks and flooded my apartment with shit water.

Comment

Ive given up the will to live already, psure ill pass everything, but damn.
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

Ah finals week. We missed more than a week of class due to the damage Irma did to the campus so no study week this year, had classes right up until last Thursday. Passed calc 3 on Sunday, physics 2 final is tomorrow which isn't cumulative and I have an A so not stressed in the least. Glad to finally be over the calculus series, next semester will be Differential equations.

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          [CoTM: 4-18]
                          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                          - updated 3-17

Comment

Been seeing a couple slick E30's around the UW, anyone on here?

Comment

Ugh this term was utter shit.

Overall, I put in zero effort.

Somehow was borderline with Vector calc until I got a test back on the last day of class that I epically bombed, so that'll be in the summer... And if I'm taking one, I may as well drop DE next term and take that over the summer as well.

Electric Circuits was rough (yesterday). I know nothing about that class, but between the assignments/project/labs I only need a 22% on the final to never have to look at it again, and I think I managed it.

Econ midterms were easy, and they're worth enough that I'm not worried about the final.

Stats... I bombed the midterm and missed a few assignments, so I need a 65 on the final to pass... and that's probably not going to happen.

Thermo/fluids suffered hard, but thanks to labs I only need a 46 to pass the final (9 hours from now) but I pretty much didn't study or try the practice final, so this could set me back a year (between thermo 1 and not being able to take II next term...)

So yeah.

On the other hand, me a civil dude I get along with well are co-captaining the FSAE team for the next 4 months, so that will be interesting. Hopefully will set me up for a few years down the road too if I can avoid failing out like a jackass.
                              Last edited by Northern; 12-13-2017, 09:56 AM.
                              Originally posted by priapism
                              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                              Originally posted by shameson
                              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Yeah Ive fucked off this whole semester too, but I poorly agreed to flying to school and not driving so I've sat inside on campus literally the entire time.
                                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X