Core support measurement help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Core support measurement help

Need help. Having trouble getting my grill to mount properly. Seems like something is out of whack. If someone could measure the distance shown in the pict, I can at least see if my core support doesn't need tweaking. In the other pict, you can see the clip doesn't quite reach the grill to keep it in place. TIA!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	7249742
    89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
    E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

[ATTACH]112388[/ATTACH]

Comment

bump

Comment

mine isnt perfect either so i cant give you a measurement. its more likely your valance (the lower arrow) is bent downward, not the core support bent upwards. check the core support @ the points where the valance mounts. the valance brackets themselves could be bent, or the core support where they mount to. there are 4: 2 behind the brake ducts and two just inside and above where the bumper shocks come through the valance. do the two front corners of the hood align with the fenders correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
          mine isnt perfect either so i cant give you a measurement. its more likely your valance (the lower arrow) is bent downward, not the core support bent upwards. check the core support @ the points where the valance mounts. the valance brackets themselves could be bent, or the core support where they mount to. there are 4: 2 behind the brake ducts and two just inside and above where the bumper shocks come through the valance. do the two front corners of the hood align with the fenders correctly?
          I thought about the lower valence, but the bumper lines up perfect to the lower valence. I would think it would not line up right it the valence was bent down.

There aren't 2 different versions (p/n's) of the grills, right?

I'm gonna check the hood again...

thx

Comment

that grill never sat all the way down on any car I had. when I seated it fully downward, the clip wouldn't hit, like your pic. I just lifted the grill enough for the clip to latch and it always had the lower part in its seat and the upper in the clip.

but, I would say if yours is bent, its the lower, also

Comment

I have the same issue, but my car was hit in the front several years ago so I always thought it was a core support issue. I have swapped the valance with no change.
              Originally posted by LJ851
              I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Working...
              X