No announcement yet.

Having issues getting my 318is running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did just order a new ecu for the car, mine is a little corroded, as far as the fuel, I have the correct fuel pressure, and just cleaned the injectors, I have a cleaning stand that pulses the injectors while running solvent through them, the pump, fpr, and filter are brand new.

Comment

Fixed? Im having similar issues with not holding an idle and taking a solid 30 - 40 seconds of key cranking to turn over....thanks for any inputs...

Comment

I did make some progress on mine, I got the tool from ecs that holds the cams flat and found out at tdc, the intake cam was off, set the timing and ran a compression test, cyl #2 is 80psi low, so It seems some vales are bent, the other 3 cyls are at 182-185psi, thought i could probably get it to start, but it's just not wanting to, so off comes the head today, and hopefully it's repairable, I'll make sure it's saveable before I order a timing rebuild, if it's junk, I'll be ordering the sikky ls conversion. 😆 I did just pick up another e30 for my wife, it's an 84 318i and hers had the same issue of taking forever to start, I replaced the fuel pump, filter, regulator, cleaned the injectors, and re-timed it with a timing light, and it fires right up now, maybe yours needs the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Bulletproof91 View Post
          I did make some progress on mine, I got the tool from ecs that holds the cams flat and found out at tdc, the intake cam was off, set the timing and ran a compression test, cyl #2 is 80psi low, so It seems some vales are bent, the other 3 cyls are at 182-185psi, thought i could probably get it to start, but it's just not wanting to, so off comes the head today, and hopefully it's repairable, I'll make sure it's saveable before I order a timing rebuild, if it's junk, I'll be ordering the sikky ls conversion. �� I did just pick up another e30 for my wife, it's an 84 318i and hers had the same issue of taking forever to start, I replaced the fuel pump, filter, regulator, cleaned the injectors, and re-timed it with a timing light, and it fires right up now, maybe yours needs the same?
          I'm thinking the same type parts for mine...still need to look at compression but a fuel system overhaul will never hurt anything...GL man...

Also how the hell did you get your wife to DD a e30?? haha teach me!!

Comment

Working...
          X