Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did this eBay E30 sell for so little??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did this eBay E30 sell for so little??

Was watching this, and I can't see any reason why the car sold for for so little, but then the photos don't show a tremendous amount of information and I couldn't get answers to some basic questions when I messaged the seller. Did anyone else watch this, and wonder why a late model 325is 5speed, with seemingly great exterior/interior and a fresh engine rebuilt by a reputable shop went for $7,000?

Because nobody else was looking or bidding? Many don't bother with ebay anymore and list their cars on Bring a Trailer since it's car's and motorcycles only.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
      Because nobody else was looking or bidding? Many don't bother with ebay anymore and list their cars on Bring a Trailer since it's car's and motorcycles only.
      It had 54 bids, so it's not that.

I think it might be because it's modified, it has high miles (200k) and it's also got some body damage. It's a clean car, but I don't see it going for more than 10k. But, then again I'm out of the loop.

Comment

Maybe the seller was in a bind.

I just picked up an all original (apart from radio) 89 325i sedan, with only a few small problems, with functioning ac, for 1 grand because the seller was in a bind.

All the pieces fell onto the table appropriately, and someone got a deal.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Also, this is kind of funny.

The body is perfect shape, not one dent on the car or scratch.
          Despite the fact the front valence is clearly messed up.

Comment

BC's and ESM's, enough to keep me away. Seats look awesome though

I think the price is about right.
            - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
              BC's and ESM's, enough to keep me away. Seats look awesome though

I think the price is about right.
              +1 I think the car sold for a fair price.
              My Garage
              2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
              1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
              1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
              Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

That's almost 10g's Canadian

Very reasonable IMHO
                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

54 bids at what 10 dollar increments? 54 bids really mean nothing once it goes past the threshold of where the bidder say nah don't want to pay that much.

I know what max I'd pay for an item and I stick to that number. Some don't. There are plenty of ice cars out there.
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Seems like an ok price to me.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Someone mentioned in the other thread that interaction with the seller was off-putting. He would not post the door jam sticker, the driver seat is a passenger seat, etc.
                      F80 ///M3 CS
                      i3 REx LCI
                      Previous: F80 M3 • I01 i3 REx • F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250

Comment

"NO PAYPAL, NO CHECKS, ONLY CASH IN PERSON OR BANK TO BANK TRANSFER!"

"I'm a BMW enthusiast and know this car head to toe I know how hard this car is to find and it's a once in a life time deal so understand that

DO NOT WASTE MY TIME AND BID ON MY CAR AND NOT RESPOND WHEN THE PAYMENT IS DUE."
                        Sounds like an enjoyable person to deal with.

I get that people can be sh*theads and flaky, but it's almost like I have to prove to you I'm worthy enough to bid on your E30.

The no Paypal seems like a put off as well. Cash or Bank Transfer - so if something goes south on the transaction the buyer has only one route.. Sure BAT operates with less protection, but they have been known to personally step in on deals that go south.
                        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                        2016 Ford Flex
                        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Someone on here was asking about that car, and had a conversation with the seller.

The seller was a complete ass. He wouldn't show paperwork he claimed to have and also, he wouldn't send a pic of the door jam sticker to prove it was a real IS

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=405432
                          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

That's my take. I asked to see the car (I'm local), and his was response was "How much are you bidding?" I asked some other basic questions, with no response. Add that to the whole "Car is like new" schtick and it could just be that no one serious could take him serious.

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            Someone on here was asking about that car, and had a conversation with the seller.

The seller was a complete ass. He wouldn't show paperwork he claimed to have and also, he wouldn't send a pic of the door jam sticker to prove it was a real IS

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=405432

Comment

Despite some of the responses here, if the car was a true 89 325is, with great paint and interior, with a new engine.... this is $13,000 these days, no problem. The wheels are not the issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X