Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did this eBay E30 sell for so little??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it was a 100% all original low milage 325is then $13k isn't out of the question, but the fact is it isn't.
    My Garage
    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Sorry

but that car is priced right. It fetch what the market felt was right.

There are plenty of cars like that selling for that price.

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
        If it was a 100% all original low milage 325is then $13k isn't out of the question, but the fact is it isn't.
        Add to that, the seller is being purposefully deceitful by calling himself the same name as a well-known vintage bmw expert, when he has no relationship with said shop....

What else would he be hiding?
        ADAMS Autosport

Comment

If it was a 100% all original low milage 325is then $13k isn't out of the question.

Clean, low mile, 5 speed, 325is is now a $20k car.

318is are selling for mid to high teens.
          1991 318iC
          1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Maybe we are not seeing the big picture...Despite the shape which seem to be great for the year it looks like a fair price to me,seeing that these are not going down in valve they just keep going up........these are classics and 20 more years an antique..
            sigpic

Comment

EAG and BAT have infected everyone. I'll be over here cutting some more holes in my racecar and enjoying it while you guys buy plastic bubbles for your collector cars.
              - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by DELPHINtimecapsule View Post
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/262952296151...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Was watching this, and I can't see any reason why the car sold for for so little, but then the photos don't show a tremendous amount of information and I couldn't get answers to some basic questions when I messaged the seller. Did anyone else watch this, and wonder why a late model 325is 5speed, with seemingly great exterior/interior and a fresh engine rebuilt by a reputable shop went for $7,000?
                read first part of my thread. Will answer all your questions about that 325is

Last edited by Rusty.Piranha; 05-02-2017, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post

You mean low miles like ~50k right?
                  - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post

I was talking about like a 100,000-150,000 mile car. Also I've really never seen that much of a price difference between the 318i and 325i.

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
                    EAG and BAT have infected everyone. I'll be over here cutting some more holes in my racecar and enjoying it while you guys buy plastic bubbles for your collector cars.
                    +1,000,000,00

I got caught up in the value game for a short period of time. I didn't want to modify my 325i to much and keep it original, but honestly I didn't have fun with it at all. Now all of that BS is out the door and I'm doing 5 lug, big brakes, and a M54.
                    My Garage
                    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

I was talking about like a 100,000-150,000 mile car. Also I've really never seen that much of a price difference between the 318i and 325i.

+1,000,000,00

I got caught up in the value game for a short period of time. I didn't want to modify my 325i to much and keep it original, but honestly I didn't have fun with it at all. Now all of that BS is out the door and I'm doing 5 lug, big brakes, and a M54.
                      you are a good man!
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I think it sold higher than it should have... looks really rough to me. If I was in the market for a 'clean' E30, that would not be making my list. Agreed on the infected by BAT comment earlier, spot on!

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |

Comment

Originally posted by craz azn View Post
                          I think it sold higher than it should have... looks really rough to me. If I was in the market for a 'clean' E30, that would not be making my list. Agreed on the infected by BAT comment earlier, spot on!
                          If that car is "really rough" I'd like to know what you consider clean and where you get one.

Most E30's I see for sale are all original, including the high mileage engine, all original worn out suspension bushings, faded paint, flaking clear and bald tires. And they are asking $5k for it.

Comment

After seeing the obvious body damage I can't believe somebody would pay more than $4000 for it. I'd rather start with an in-op but clean and straight e30 instead of a good running car that was previously smashed up. It's easy to turn back the clock on a blown engine, body/chassis damage not so much.
                            My Feedback

Comment

people who keep listing e30s for 5 figures need to be shot.

They just randonly doubled in price 1 day and now everyone thinks a clean car is worth 10-15k lol

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by craz azn View Post
                                Sorry, what's BAT? I always thought it meant Big Ass Turbo.
                                F80 ///M3 CS
                                i3 REx LCI
                                Previous: F80 M3 • I01 i3 REx • F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250

Comment

Working...
                                X