Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karbonius CSL airbox arrived. Very excellent, all pre-preg carbon and made on CNC aluminum molds from a 3d scan of OE CSL airbox.

Quality is stellar.

Waiting on a Penny & Giles TPS sensor and motor will start :)

88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

^^^that is stunning
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Have the same one. It is stunning in person!

Mr. Wolfe
        sigpic

Comment

got a new DBW pedal sensor

fiddled with some pins. Yes I know there are no service loops! #notmilspec

and got drive by wire working on my S54 via Motec.... happy days!
          88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Started it!

Few things to do since starting.
            - need to zero the cams. Idling on base timing not too great, likes to be about 15-18 degrees advanced which makes me believe the cam or cams are not zeroed in their position
            - need to set up cam control, as my 3d tables are currently allll blank, which is going to take some time.
            - alt is not charging, which I believe is related to not having the OEM alternator 'idiot' light hooked up, as I do not have the OEM dash installed. I looked at the ETK and this seems to agree. May just wire the lead to ground with a resistor rather than a light I don't need.
            - one Bosch LSU is not heating up, but it is kind of old, so maybe just time for a new one
            - SKM complaining of no config

Basically needs a couple days on the dyno to tune it and figure a few things like the Motec SKM.

I believe the exhaust may be too raspy, we shall see. is dual 2.5 with a single E36 M3 Eisenmann sport on the back.

Love the dash

Comment

^^^ Awesome and congrats!

Mr. Wolfe
              sigpic

Comment

Got it to move under it's own power!

Had been having trouble my clutch to engage in a G260 box. Clutch is a 7.25 twin plate AP Racing setup that was made for BMW Motorsport between 1993 and 1995 (pulled from another car, where it was too painful to drive on street), so a little hard to find info for. Their tech support was super helpful and sent me some tech drawings and specs.

I suspected my clutch slave wasn't throwing the fork far enough. So I had to do some investigation and measurement to figure out what was up.

I took the following measurements
                a) height of the pressure plate mating surface / fingers from the engine block mounting surface
                b) depth of the face of the throwout bearing from the face of the gearbox, as it mounts to engine block, when clutch fork is fully retracted and extended
                c) free throw range of the clutch slave.
                d) length of the clutch fork, the position of the throwout bearing along the fork and the angle of motion of the fork
                e) movement needed to fully disengage the clutch

From there figured out how far the gap between the pressure plate fingers and the throw out bearing face.
                Where there was a gap, and there was, figure out how far the clutch slave has to move in order to move the throwout bearing X mm so the clutch disengages.
                few checks and such.
                LONG story short
                a) new push rod made
                b) i'm pretty good at removing and reinstalling gearbox in the car now. even get the torque wrench on the end of 3 wobble bars!

It also helped that I drilled a small hole in the bellhousing so I could stick a little endoscope in there to see what was happening.

end game - car moves by itself. First time in quite a while.:)

Comment

very close to finishing this evolution of it. engine swap #3.

ain't gonna lie, pretty pleased with how this has come together. has taken ages as per usual, but I never in a rush. I find this very therapeutic release to my daily job.

apologies for the pic overload, but this is the thread for it!

pedal box with expansion loom for extra inputs/outputs later

bosch ignitors mounted, via flying loom on an AS016-26 plug

keeping things tidy with glue on T&B cable mounts. Yes, I should have used a boot there not glue line

reservoirs with -4 Speedflow 200 series AN fittings, 79 pin AS firewall connector, MCS custom 2 way coils (blurry, sorry). Not overly thrilled with the power cable runs but that will change once the PDM15 goes in

tidying up the FPR and pressure sensor. 'Making do' with a run of 200 series Speedflow on one of those legs (covered in heat shrink) until the correct Goodridge XF arrives

View of firewall harness mounting with a little carbon plate to mount the SKM knock sensor loom. Damper canisters mount to strut bar

cabling, sensors and cleanness. I plan to make a new vacuum rail, as really all it needs to do these days to connect to the FPR. Idle speed is done via Motec DBW and there's no brake booster so very little need for vacuum or throttle bypass for idle speed.

steering wheel buttons sub loom and AS connector

the office

post pressure stage oil filter and remote primer head, plus various hose management

plenty of room here...

bit busy here

but reasonable steering room here

and new pipes. I already think this may be too raspy

what my neighbour calls the flux capacitor

fuel system with feed and return filters on sealing quick disconnects for leak free filter changes

just about buttoned up

little odyssey 680

surprisingly fits in all rather well

Comment

My goodness, that looks fantastic!

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

What the fuck you could do heart surgery in that engine bay dude. Pretty clean for a racecar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fixed my NRG hub so the horn works. And wiring, lots of wiring.
                        How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

I installed my Podi gauge.

And I installed my new tune from SSSquid. Turner motorsports one will be for sale soon.

Comment

Comment

I installed my Garagistic odometer gears and then reinstalled my gauge cluster.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X