FS: 1987 325i Auto Vert in RVA, $1800 OBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1987 325i Auto Vert in RVA, $1800 OBO

I have a 1987 BMW 325i automatic convertible with delphin grey paint, grey carpet, and cardinal red interior that I am selling for $1800 (OBO). This e30 currently has antique VA tags on it so it does not need a state inspection. I generally don't answer calls from people that I don't know, so either send me a text (540-718-4103) or an email if you are interested.

Here is a link to some photos I took the other morning and where I will post more photos when I get home from work. Unfortunately it was still rather dark when I had to leave for work, so even with my decent camera, they all came out potato-phone quality.

I bought this car to save from the junkyard and make some cash to buy a project sailboat. Well, I found a boat, but the owner is more interested in cash than a trade for this car. It has a clear title. The car was towed to a mechanic's shop and then left there because the owner refused to pay to get work done. Then the owner was going to scrap the car since it barely ran, but I offered to buy it off of him instead.

The good:

-The seats have been redone in red leather. It's not the original style of horizontal stitching, but looks great and is not dried/worn/cracked. The rear seat has some sun damage on the top and is getting slightly faded, but has not shrunk and torn the stitching like most other convertibles. The leather should be able to be brought back with some conditioner.

Like I said, I have been mostly focused on the manual convertible, but here are the known issues:

-Crack in the front passenger fender and oxidized paint. The paint should clean up decently. It won't be show quality without a re-spray, but far from a rust bucket.

-Slightly down on power. It has TERRIBLE gas in it, so I drained as much as I could and put in 5.5 gallons of fresh gas and a can of sea foam. It runs and drives fine, just takes a while to get up to speed. This is most likely a combination of the old gas that needs to be burned and I'm used to a much higher gear ration in my coupe. (It was mostly the torque converter failing)

-Some stains on the carpet

-Tires need to be replaced very soon

-Central locking is not working

I have some of the parts it needs, but would need to buy more stuff to get it to daily driver status. With what I currently have in the car (not buying additional parts) I have it priced at $1800 (OBO) to cover my money and time working on the car. As I buy and replace parts I increase the asking price based on my cost.

The bottom line is that this is a good e30 and is fairly priced for a running/driving car.
    Last edited by McGyver; 03-30-2016, 11:18 AM.
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Still need this gone so I can either be responsible and pay of credit cards and put a floor in my kitchen, or have fun and buy a boat.
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

come on, someone has to want this.

I think i'm going to take the time to give her a solid wash this weekend. maybe take care of the timing belt/water pump/valve adjustment over the weekend too.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X