Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So why don't you just put on the front plate? What's the problem?

Comment

Its ugly, man. That's why.

It's totally a profiling thing. I've been pulled over so, so many times and have only gotten two tickets, only one traffic related. Long hair, being brown and driving an old loud car is asking for it haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
      Q
      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post

The sole purpose for a front license plate is to assist a radar being flashed at you, so that's one reason. The other reason is simply because it completely ruins the front of the car and any kind of form the front of the car has unlike the rear which has a placeholder for the license plate
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Ive had a random euro plate in front of my car for years and cops never gave me trouble. One day I decided to run the car with no front plate and I get pulled over the same day. Gave me a ticket for tint instead. I have personalized plates on order so ill probably rock both of them when I get them.

89 325i S50/ZF E36 M3/TI 5lug Style 32s

My feedback Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=219113

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
            thought these cars flew under the radar

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
            I still believe they are under the radar so long as the car doesn't attract negative attention. Lots of cops are also car enthusiast.
            Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
            You really want that answered or are you just jabbing? $100 in plate tickets over ~9 years doesn't bother me.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Whats up guys, Im having a bit of trouble with my 1989 325i. I replaced my alternator due to it not generating any current back to the battery and i still have the same problem of the battery being drained. I looked on the forums and it said something about a wiring issue? can anyone link me to a wiring diagram id appreciate it plz!!
              Last edited by freethrowray; 05-24-2017, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Yea its annoying but ill pay the "no front plate" tax if I have to. Way too ugly to put it back on

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
                '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                Shadetree30

Comment

My front plate ticket was $25 and doesn't require a fix, luckily. And there's no way I'm going through the trouble of removing the front plate filler on my tucked bumpers again haha.

Negative attention aside, a few years ago I had just parked my car when a cop approached me. He rolled down his window and said he wanted to ask about my car. Turns out he liked it and wanted to know how much he could buy one for! Not all cops hate the e30s.

Comment

Anyone know any good spots in the valley to shoot at night? Shoot as in car pics

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

That's good that you clarified that lol
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                        1 speeding ticket
                        1 busted tail light ticket
                        3 times pulled over for BS (no ticket)
                        1 DUI check (no jailtime)
                        5 parking tickets
                        12 years of ownership.

;D
                        In 16 years of ownership. 2 tickets for speeding nothing else. Maybe it's being white and the gray hair thing,i don't know
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
                          Anyone know any good spots in the valley to shoot at night? Shoot as in car pics
                          I like shooting at Woodley Park - bet you could do some nice long exposures there. You could also do some sweet rollers in the Sherman tunnel that goes under the airport.

Comment

Yea I cased woodley park a week ago. Didn't even think about going in there at night. I'm pretty sure they close at sunset no?

Shot this one at the northridge mall last night.

Need to shoot on a real camera now. iPhone pics

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                            DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by freethrowray View Post
                              Whats up guys, Im having a bit of trouble with my 1989 325i. I replaced my alternator due to it not generating any current back to the battery and i still have the same problem of the battery being drained. I looked on the forums and it said something about a wiring issue? can anyone link me to a wiring diagram id appreciate it plz!!

Did you check the running voltage at the battery terminals?

Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                              Q
                              :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                                Did you check the running voltage at the battery terminals?

Yes i did it was reading around 12 or 13 volts. My battery light does not show up when on. I believe it'd have something to do with the wiring but i can not solve it.

Comment

Working...
                                X