Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got an extra m30b35 oil pan they're willing to sell? A curb decided that mine wasn't worth having.

Comment

Got my hands on a 1984 318i parts car. I'm going to be using the transmission and flywheel from that car. What clutch should I use? I don't want to spend a whole lot on a clutch setup because I'll probably be moving to a G260 after this summer. Can I use a clutch from an m42 car on an m10 flywheel? They're both 215mm clutches. The reason I ask is because I can get a performance clutch for an m42 for a lot less than I can get one for an m10 car.
      = Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

Comment

This is for an m10 and it's only $160 with pressure plate.
        It's what I'm likely gonna use.
        Originally posted by Andy.B
        Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
        1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
        ~~~~~~~~~~
        I was born on 3/25…
        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Nice find. I'll probably go with that one too! I actually have an fx stage 2 clutch in my 22re toy pickup and its held up fine.

Comment

You can run the 215mm pressure plate and stage 3 clutch on a 260.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
              This is for an m10 and it's only $160 with pressure plate.
              It's what I'm likely gonna use.
              Ended up going with that clutch. The pressure plate is actually a sachs and the friction disc is a gripforce. Seems to be pretty good quality!

Comment

Nice! Please report back in here with your opinion of it when it's up and running.
                Originally posted by Andy.B
                Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                ~~~~~~~~~~
                I was born on 3/25…
                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
                  Nice! Please report back in here with your opinion of it when it's up and running.
                  Will do. Hopefully it'll have its first start next week. I'm waiting on a distributor drive gear from Germany right now.

Comment

Originally posted by the imitator View Post
                    should overnight me a burrito in a small lunch box with ice packs in there.
                    ewww.

This is a good thread, it's about time the 240 guys had some clarity....

Poor buggers.
                    ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Why poor buggers? My Getrag 260 + single mass flywheel & 240mm clutch kit are still sitting on a shelf in my shed - the G240 & 215mm clutch has lasted more than 3 years in my car and is showing no ill effects having been daily driven that whole time.

I'm starting to think that if you get hold of a good gearbox to start with that the G240 won't break with a stockish M30B35 in a street car.
                      My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

I agree, I heard mixed reviews on the g240 behind a 3.5, and although my swap has only been running for the last 4-5 months, I have beat the living shit out of this thing to see what it can take. I have nothing but faith in my setup. The g240 is a good starting point.

Comment

That's what I am gambling on.
                          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I had heard somewhere awhile ago that the most Torque you can put through these is like 260ft lbs. I guess if a dude just wanted to have a fun m30 with a light setup, the 240 is the way to go. If you are going for big power I doubt the 240 would hold.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, how much should it cost to have the front section on my 318is driveshaft shortened and rebalanced?

Comment

cost me $200 with new ujoints + rebalance in Los Angeles
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X