Course Spline to Fine Spline Wheel Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Course Spline to Fine Spline Wheel Conversion

Hey guys. I have seen this topic addressed a few times, but I am still unsure whether this conversion is possible or not. I have a 91 vert with the stock four spoke airback wheel (fine spline) and am looking to convert to a 370mm mtech 1 wheel (course spline). Forgive me as I do not know much about this, but the seller of the wheel has said that it is very easy to convert from course spline to fine spline. Is this true? Thanks in advance.

My apologies for posting in incorrect section.

Comment

welcome. yes, wrong place but the mods will move this thread soon enough.

as far as converting the splines, i would say thats a lot of bullshit. they are machined into the wheel. how could you possibly fix that?

with an aftermarket momo or nardi wheel, you can buy the correct hub and bolt it on easily for less than 80 bucks.

sounds like the seller either doesn't know or is trying to take you for a magic mystery ride.

good luck in your search.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Thanks for that.

These are the seller's exact words when I asked him how difficult it is to remove the spline and insert a different one: "It's very easy, you remove the two screws holding in the black plastic piece (the spline) and slide it off. I don't think you'll need to convert anything. When you put it back on, you just align the spline so the metal piece goes in the electronic receiver and then you screw it in."

Comment

He is talking about the contact for the horn button, not the spline.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll pass on this wheel and stick to my larger mtech 1 wheel for now. Hopefully I'll come across the right wheel in the future.

Comment

Working...
            X