Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E28 Coilover suspension DIY (in progress)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking into doing some coilovers in the next few months for about 8-900. I would love to do ground controls, but I am a poor college student.

I was looking into piecing a kit together, whether it be GC or IE adjusters, a shorter shock (I have heard G60 VW Shocks work, not totally confirmed yet), and some fabrication. I then started looking into it a bit more, and Nex actually makes a kit for the E28. I knew they made coils for the E34, but now I have been seeing more and more for the E28. They are $799 shipped on ebay. I think this is the route I may go, as for what I need, they are good enough

Comment

@iamcreepingdeath I am aware of the rear hence my question. I was not sure some knew. As for brakes from e34 they fit for those whom are wondering rears tho and use e32 750 in front and you have ur.self a bbk.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by downernsp View Post
        @iamcreepingdeath I am aware of the rear hence my question. I was not sure some knew. As for brakes from e34 they fit for those whom are wondering rears tho and use e32 750 in front and you have ur.self a bbk.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
        Trying to decipher your last sentence. Does E34 540i suspension bolt up to an E28? front AND rear? Why E32 750? just bigger brakes than the E34 540?

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
          Does E34 540i suspension bolt up to an E28? front AND rear?
          No

Why E32 750? just bigger brakes than the E34 540?
          Master cyl bolts on, bigger. Brakes, IIRC are bigger, but really, e34 brakes are more than enough, especially with a 750 MC. Do some SS brake lines while you're in there and make sure you tape your face on before touching that brake pedal.
          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

What about a 540i suspension does not work? I heard that it does on myE28...

Comment

http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t...e34+suspension

Last page:

http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t...e34+suspension

Comment

Interesting. Still, no specifics on what DOES and DOESN'T fit in detail, since I hear that E34 540i brakes bolt up...

Comment

Interesting. Still, no specifics on what DOES and DOESN'T fit in detail, since I hear that E34 540i brakes bolt up...
                  Brakes bolt up. That's about all I'd worry about from a e34. I see no advantage in swapping anything else e34 -> e28 except a B35 swap or a M1.3 upgrade.

As far as suspension, SPAX. That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
                    Brakes bolt up. That's about all I'd worry about from a e34. I see no advantage in swapping anything else e34 -> e28 except a B35 swap or a M1.3 upgrade.

As far as suspension, SPAX. That is all.
                    Well the whole reason I started this thread is to finsd a cheaper DIY option for a coilover setup for an E28, and that is what I want to stick with, for the height adjustment and the quick spring rate interchangeability.

Comment

Found this on myE28, apparently you can get the entire E34 front suspension to work on an E28. http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t=78698&

Comment

My bad ok e34 rear brakes with front e32 brakes makes a big brake kit on e28. I have that set up on mine e28. For a plus also add like slammin.e28guy said MC from 750 to complete a nice brake system.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by downernsp View Post
                          My bad ok e34 rear brakes with front e32 brakes makes a big brake kit on e28. I have that set up on mine e28. For a plus also add like slammin.e28guy said MC from 750 to complete a nice brake system.
                          So E34 front brakes don't work on an E28?????

So much conflicting info... I am just going to find out for myself. I have an E28 and an E34 540i parts car...

Comment

They do work, dude. It's just that the E32 750iL front brakes are "better" than the E34 ones, in that they are bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by latinobimmer View Post
                              They do work, dude. It's just that the E32 750iL front brakes are "better" than the E34 ones, in that they are bigger.

I see I see

Comment

Just find 8 series brakes, they fit. My car has em, the PO put them on.

BUY MY WHEELS! BBS E50s!!
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=275407

Originally posted by Lurker27
                                Any man will tell you being blown is better than being stroked.

Comment

Working...
                                X