steering wheel spline size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steering wheel spline size?

why the difference? i just bought an m-tech 1 off of ebay and now im worried it wont fit because of the spline size. i have an 89 325i. ive tried searching and couldnt come up with anything. the ebay wheel has a fine spline hub. can someone explain the reason for fine and coarse spline?
    www.benjamineliward.com

Why are you worried? Have you tried to fit it yet or just preemptively worried? All E30's have the same spline so it should fit fine if the seller is honest and says it's for E30's. Remove your stock wheel and try to fit it. If it doesn't fit and the seller says it fits E30's the you can resolve this with them. I don't know of any BMW's that have a "course" spline although I certainly don't claim to be an expert on all BMW steering splines.

Cheers.
    Jack Money
    http://www.Elephant Motorsports.com

>> AST 4100 for BMW E30 $1649 <<

AST Monotube Dampers and Coilover Kits - Full Service Dealer
    Schroth Safety Products Distributor

BMW Replacement Parts - 24/7 Secure Online Ordering

Comment

thanks. guess i became a worrier after looking at a few threads on mtech I steering wheels and people mumbling about coarse and fine spline hubs. ill trust the bmw gods it works :)
      www.benjamineliward.com

Comment

e30 fine splines

The reason for the worry is that the early e28 (till 1985) had a coarse spline. It's easy to tell when in the car because the steering column housing changed from metal to plastic with the move to fine splines. But the steering wheels LOOKED the same, so those M tech and 3-spoke wheels can be sneaky, and an e28 steering wheel could be one or the other.

Steven

Comment

Working...
        X