No announcement yet.

Racing Dynamics m20 e30 headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, I've got some relatives in Italy. If a certain someone were to give me the address of a certain shop a couple of tough guys may or may not head over to this certain shop and apply a little pressure to a certain somebody.

Capiche?

Comment

Originally posted by fporro View Post
      That and the fact that my reputation is taking a beating,

Quite the opposite Frank, I would have gone nuts by now. If there might be a way I can help, let me know.
      ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
        Quite the opposite Frank, I would have gone nuts by now. If there might be a way I can help, let me know.
        You could build long tube headers for the m20. That would help.:p
        Yours truly,
        Rich
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Rigmaster
        you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
          You could build long tube headers for the m20. That would help.:p

stop teasing him, shorties are good (some girls might say that).

As of late yesterday afternnon, there were suppost to be picked up today and "all" of the to arrive early next week, we been through that scenario...

let me elavorate, ... factory to warehouse, onto train to Bremen germany, onto a ship, 6 days transit, to NJ port, out onto a truck, 4 days transit to Socal, add a day or so for local delivery .... ( i've lost track )... (say, they get hanged up on customs, RD can't control that)

All this drama and at the end it might be a simple 90 day turn-around time instead of promised 30th, very understandable. RD can't control mother nature and so on.

We'll see.
          Last edited by fporro; 06-28-2012, 12:18 AM.

Comment

I'm on the east coast (southwestern Ontario)... no need to send my set to the west coast just to end up sending them back east

Comment

only if things were that easy, it becomes impossible, mainly due to liabilities.
              opening a crate fetching headers, packing them and shipping while they assume full resposability of rest of cargo, whom is to say then how many headers were removed or not shipped from factory when container finally arrives to SoCal. that and union wages at bonded warehouses are double deffently not doable.

responsability, big no-no's on shipping industry as if anything is missing by the time it gets to SoCal whom is to blame ?

whenever I order stuff from asia, it lands/arrives at Los Angeles, goes through customs and then gets ship back to Hawaii. incrediblie slow and expensive process.

Comment

only if things were that easy, it becomes impossible, mainly due to liabilities.
                opening a crate fetching headers, packing them and shipping while they assume full resposability of rest of cargo, whom is to say then how many headers were removed or not shipped from factory when container finally arrives to SoCal. that and union wages at bonded warehouses are double deffently not doable.

responsability, big no-no's on shipping industry as if anything is missing by the time it gets to SoCal whom is to blame ?

whenever I order stuff from asia, it lands/arrives at Los Angeles, goes through customs and then gets ship back to Hawaii. incrediblie slow and expensive process.
                Exactly how my company deals with our manufacturing in China.
                And as far as shorty headers..... REALLY? How are shorty headers going to help my stroker build, or any motor that isn't a stocker. Build some long tubes for twice the price of shortys and they will sell. Just b/c the tooling exists, doesn't mean you should manufactur a product that does nothing for a customer. Spend the money to build a reasonable set of long tube headers and they will sell.
                Yours truly,
                Rich
                sigpic

Comment

first time in my life to ever be sad to get monies.

but if these ever do get here (and they work), please relist us all, as we all will enjoy them...and, nothing great is ever easy.well, these would qualify for great on their own, but i do understand your perdicament. and appreciate all the crap you've been through for all of us.

you put a lot of deals together, and are patient enough to deal with both sides, and i have all good vibes from you. and thank you again for putting up with Italy or the posturing of everything we never even knew about.

i only draw my own view, and focus on what my car will be like in 1, 5, and ten years, and i hope in one of those scenarios, to have these headers, and maybe even the head too...and when that happens, we won't remember how long it seemed before they arrived...we will just remember the 1st day we drove with them installed on the car.

ive been able to do quite a lot of tuning on red since i hoped of the headers, and all i can say now, is the difference will only be more noticable (extremely lightened, and stiffened)...so, thank you again Frank, you are truly honorable, and anytime we can send those monies back your way, just say so...i would like to send you a few bottles of bourbon for your troubles.
                  Last edited by idanity; 06-28-2012, 10:56 PM.
                  3 pedal club
                  200,k+ club
                  cabrio club
                  port-matched- polished- purring www.BMWpark.org

</div>

linux since 1999

Comment

I like e30's and the crowd, from BEN's no bs attidute, to e30tech's matter-of-facteness to all the banter and vast amount of info and bs here., it brings me joy.

A few years back we had guys pop in and stay with us from Netherlands while on their e28 treck accross America.
                    Lot's of joy., they told me I had a follwing overthere becouse of all of the stuff I used to ebay, they loved they way I cross-referenced with then ETK cd's, everyone started copying that format. all's good.

Federico, is a nice guy, very devoted and perfectionist, I'm trying to forment a relationship and it's going fine so far, the idea is to resurrect his e30 catalouge.
                    Long process but can be done, starting with unloading NOS parts., m20's w/ 220hps right out of the crate and warranty to last., you see, that's where he is at his best,
                    RD's goal is lots of power with plenty of DD realiability. (n0, no dual dehping)

Our conversations are pretty vivid, his eyes really lightup when he explaind things and the why not's of it.

Bringing the heads to market it's going to be a very long process.
                    Financing is one thing, but the actual mechanics of it, he did explains that there's more work needed for them to be realiable enough, block and headwise.

I do trust RD, Federico does have the know how and contacts to make things happen.
                    when will they happen ? I'll ask the 3 wise man, anyone seem them lately ?

Cheerios guys, list remains intact, no need to screw with that.
                    think of it as pause buttom, will press play as soon as they arrive.

Hey, that bourbon better be Green level Jack's. Much love guys.
                    Last edited by fporro; 06-29-2012, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Aloha,

Friday the 13th brought good news, headers are finally in SoCal.

I'll have Robert take pictures this wednesday once unloaded at his shop... www.e30motorwerks.com

Comment

Nice!! Looking forward to them.
                        My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
                        4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

They are very complex and I'm sure an absolute pain to build. The guy that ceramic coated mine told me that the process was a nightmare just to coat and that building them must have been nuts.

Too bad that things move so slow in Italy, guess it is better than getting them from Greece. No wonder those countries are bankrupt, they have no concept of time.

I have faith that Federico will want to clear out some NOS and that a three spoke RD steering wheel, valve cover, shift knob and pedals and a set of 16" four lug wheels.

Just the valve cover would be fine, but would like the rest of the list NOS too.
                          sigpic
                          Gun control means using both hands
                          Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Aloha,

Friday the 13th brought good news, headers are finally in SoCal.

I'll have Robert take pictures this wednesday once unloaded at his shop... www.e30motorwerks.com
                            Good stuff! Are all of them in SoCal? Or just the first batch?

Comment

Any room for late comers?

Comment

Did the price go up?
                                Yours truly,
                                Rich
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X