• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icewhite View Post
    ^
    <3

I should read more heh

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post

Just noticed your shirt. You are moving up in my top 10
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
        <3

I should read more heh
        Lol! Don't blame yourself too much. OP does take great pics.
        1990 325i
        2004 330i Individual 6-speed
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
          <3

I should read more heh
          It's okay Mr. Engineer. As strong as you were at Calculus and Chemistry and those types of things, I was weak. Together, we could have taken over the world during our tenure in academia.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Just noticed your shirt. You are moving up in my top 10
          Let's hang this upcoming weekend. I'm going to be steam cleaning then power-drying then swapping my carpet and running my stereo wiring whilst listening to copious amounts of Hip-Hop music. Or maybe some Habibi music if Abby comes. I might just throw a lil' fiesta.

Originally posted by IceWhite View Post
          Lol! Don't blame yourself too much. OP does take great pics.
          Lol y'all too kind and flattering

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
            Let's hang this upcoming weekend. I'm going to be steam cleaning then power-drying then swapping my carpet and running my stereo wiring whilst listening to copious amounts of Hip-Hop music. Or maybe some Habibi music if Abby comes. I might just throw a lil' fiesta.
            Definitely lmk in advance, I think I can head out on Sunday perhaps
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              Definitely lmk in advance, I think I can head out on Sunday perhaps
              Just texted you ;D

I've outlined some goals for the project to accomplish within the next month:
              • Totally clean, then swap over Natur Carpet from old shell
              • Finish cleaning, dye, swap over Natur Parcel shell from old shell
              • Run wiring from head unit to trunk for Amplifier & 2 Subwoofers
              • Swap the crack-free dashboard & fix all HVAC panel lighting
              • Refurbish Euro dash cluster & install it
              • Swap the old shell's Shifter Center-Console
              • Procure & Swap on a crack-free, warp-free Front Plastic bumper Assy
              And that's pretty much everything the car needs until it's ready for body & paint.

Momentum!

SP

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Ayee. Might make an appearance.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Awesome, glad to see it's coming all back together!
                  1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
                  1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
                  1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
                  My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

Comment

Glad you're alright bro. Sorry for your loss. New one looks clean though!
                    '90 Alpine White M3
                    OEM Hella Smoked Euro Smileys | OEM Headlamp Washers | Startec Tail Lights |
                    EVO III Undertray | EVO III Front Lip | '92 DTM CF Gurney Flap | Recaro N'Joys |
                    Ground Control Coilovers | OZ Futuras

DD: '97 Alpine White M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Aych View Post
                      Awesome, glad to see it's coming all back together!
                      Hope to road-trip back out to Toronto again sometime this or next year. :D

Originally posted by SteadyAim. View Post
                      Glad you're alright bro. Sorry for your loss. New one looks clean though!
                      Thanks, thanks, and thanks! :D

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Today marked the end of a fantastically productive weekend.

But to be honest, the weekend started last Thursday when I dropped off the old carpet that I had salvaged from my old wrecked shell. Thought it'd be cool to say that "this was the same carpet that came in my old E30 that I grew up with"...but also, the carpet in my new shell/car was horrendously diseased-looking, so it just had to go.

Here is a before shot of the carpet. *Note* this old car's carpet is this state was still tremendously cleaner and more hygienic than the carpet that came in the new car...stay tuned. Also pictured, my old car's rear parcel shelf that I cleaned the living trut out of over the last couple of weeks - that is the finished product that you see below..

And here is the SAME carpet after a thorough shampooing and steam clean. Jesus Christ.

Since I had the local hand car wash do this for me, I was able to talk them into giving me a good deal with a thorough car wash (car was filthy from the snow weekend before last). The i8 you see belongs to a local Chinese mafioso / gangster type. Really cool guy. We talked about our cars while waiting, as well as our feelings..

NOW... here is the aforementioned diseased/horrendous/gross/sickly carpet the new car came with.

And here is the same gross carpet removed..revealing a gross floor! I was initially horrified by what you see..but quickly after some wire-brushing and heavy scrubbing, was EXTREMELY relieved learning that it was only some surface junk that was built from moisture over the years.

PHEW! Now that's more like it. This was after I cleaned the living shit out of it.

But I wanted true peace of mind. So after it was removed, I hit it with some heavy duty rust neutralizing paint/primer. Didn't care to paint it black since no one is ever going to see it again hopefully.

Then I got back to the carpet, itself. When I had removed the carpet out of my old shell, I accidentally tore off some of the foam and it was stuck on the old car's floor, which got crushed. So I took the opportunity to play plastic surgeon and removed some of the good foam from the new car's carpet (which was headed into the garbage can) and grafted it into my new clean carpet's underside.

Much better.

Rear parcel shelf came out too. I spent about an hour scrubbing the hell out of the paneling under the rear seat and removing 26 years of gunk and grime stuck to it and lodged under wiring harnesses.

And then, it was simply time to fit the carpet in. Which was sort of a bitch. But I had the lovely help of my lovely habibi, lovely Abby.

Quick dab for the fam..

And, all of a sudden, we were back in 1991. Suddenly heard "Depeche Mode" and "REM" ringing melodies of 1991. What an awesome year to not have been born yet.

And that was pretty much it for the night. I quickly proceeded to refitting my OEM BMW 1-series front and OEM BMW E30 rear all-weather rubber floor mats after this shot.

And a morning bonus shot of the lovely new OEM BMW Pilkington Rear windshield with a FULLY working rear defroster. Oh glory.

That's all for this weekend folks.

NOT PICTURED:

Tyler, a new local E30 homie hooked it up with the last missing puzzle piece for my trunk, which was a drivers side carpeting panel. It's lovely, and matched the floor carpet, and passenger side carpeting panel. Looks every so complete.

And most recently, Charlie, the other new homie, who hooked it up with a lovely perfect E30 rear premium speaker to replace the blown out one in one of my rear premiums. I'll get snap a pic or two of those when I am able to fix the ghetto wiring connector that P.O. blessed me with on the rear passenger side.

Love,
                        Sina

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Wow. That carpet. So clean! Also good call cleaning/treating the floor underneath.

Any tips for removing the door sill plates? I've done mine a couple times, but I've broken both original sills and had to replace them. I've tried using interior/plastic removal tools without much luck.

Also, do you have a post on mounting that awesome steering wheel? Spacer needed due to the stalk locations?

Comment

Love it. This is wonderful
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Awesome job cleaning that carpet up! I've been staring at the dirty carpet that came in my shell thinking I'll never get it clean. I'm seriously inspired now.
                              '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Oooh! My guy! Lookin so flossy #fam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1991 325i
                                flickr
                                @sambhaskins

Comment

Working...
                                X