Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
    For best quality, use this:

and the remote sub level controller, of course.

I will be happy to help you chase wires, no worries.

We do have them in stock, all ready to ship...and just today we finished the E34 10...we will be building those over the weekend.

Lotsa love for 5 series here!

Luke
    Interesting. So that would go handle sound from the HU going to the amp, if I use a 5ch amp, will that allow me to replace the DSP amp entirely and run all the speakers and sub from the amp? Is that wiring in the trunk for the rest of the speakers?

S54B32 swap in progress. Status: Getting There

Comment

And to the best of my knowledge you can get any e39 in manual. My 528i is manual, I've seen manual 530i's and obviously the 540i/6. I've never seen a manual 525i that I recall but I'm pretty sure they exist.

I'm also not sure about the mtech bumper. On one hand it looks fantastic. On the other, for the real deal and all needed pieces such as under panels etc would run over 1K. And for me that's the only way to go for my cars, done right or not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Asbradley21 View Post
        Interesting. So that would go handle sound from the HU going to the amp, if I use a 5ch amp, will that allow me to replace the DSP amp entirely and run all the speakers and sub from the amp? Is that wiring in the trunk for the rest of the speakers?
        OK, so the E39 is weirder than that. I will be producing a passive crossover network that will allow your stock speakers to be run from a 4 or 5 channel amp.

For now, I would suggest using the stock amp to run the mids and highs. Adding solid bass will give you something to listen to for now, and when we get the crossover done, then you can upgrade. Trust me, it will be worth the wait!

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

hmmm. This is proving to be WAY more complicated than I thought. I would like to use my 5ch from my e30, since I won't be using it anymore. I need to replace my speakers anyway I'm pretty sure one of my door speakers is done for. I really want a list of everything I need in order to use the stock HU, but for it to not sound like crap with some GAS quality bass. If such a thing were possible.

Comment

I'll take a picture of the setup that came with mine.
            Swanny!
            SUCKERS.

Comment

What I did for a while in mine was run a line output converter off of the rear speaker wires near the trunk and thus ran a ported sub and amp of that in the trunk. (just a small 600w setup iirc).

Comment

Nice e39! I have an 01 525i myself. I wont thread jack and post pics tho lol. Also, if you want, I have factory sport springs and struts id sell and ship to ya. PM for price. 97k miles when pulled from the car.

Oh, I also have the very first e3910 box :p haha

Comment

Originally posted by keith2 View Post
                  Nice e39! I have an 01 525i myself. I wont thread jack and post pics tho lol. Also, if you want, I have factory sport springs and struts id sell and ship to ya. PM for price. 97k miles when pulled from the car.

yea sorry for the thread jack earlier. the stock sport hight with bigger wheels is perfect on the e39.

Comment

Originally posted by Asbradley21 View Post
                    hmmm. This is proving to be WAY more complicated than I thought. I would like to use my 5ch from my e30, since I won't be using it anymore. I need to replace my speakers anyway I'm pretty sure one of my door speakers is done for. I really want a list of everything I need in order to use the stock HU, but for it to not sound like crap with some GAS quality bass. If such a thing were possible.
                    Yeah, we will get you covered. Shoot me a email when you get the chance: sales@germanaudiospecialties.com works well.

I think i have an idea for you

Closing SOON!
                    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Just picked this up a couple weeks ago. So happy with it.
                      NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

Its worlds of difference from the e30 but its so comfortable! Looking forward to see what direction you end up taking it.
                        Swanny!
                        SUCKERS.

Comment

Originally posted by keith2 View Post

Pm sent

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                          Yeah, we will get you covered. Shoot me a email when you get the chance: sales@germanaudiospecialties.com works well.

I think i have an idea for you
                          Email sent

Originally posted by Swanny View Post
                          Its worlds of difference from the e30 but its so comfortable! Looking forward to see what direction you end up taking it.
                          They really are world's apart but that's why I like them both for very different reasons. The e39 is more comfortable than my living room. The e30 always put a smile on my face every time I get in it.

Comment

Working...
                          X