• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

key tumbler

i need to take out my key tumbler but i have some issues
    1) key stuck in side
    2)key tumbler wont turn at all
    3)i dont know how but i do know that you have to tun it to position 1 on the key and than put a allen key small enough to go to the small hole in the key tumbler but i cant make it turn...
    any help is apreciated...

Is the key broken off inside? Is the key in the on position?

I would start by calling a locksmith as he will have the broken key out in about 4 seconds. Then I would order a new key from the dealer. If that solves the problem you are set. If the tumbler is still messed up at that point then I would use the new key to rotate and remove the old tumbler and replace it with one for the same key if possible.
    sigpic

Comment

well heres the problem the key tumbler doesnt not turn weather the old key is tooken out or not...because the key tumbler is so messed up that theres broken shit inside of the tumbler other than the key cause someone tried to steal my car...put it like this they key tumbler is fucked...i just need to know how to take it out and replace it...

Comment

Try wiggling the key while you turn. Maybe wiggling it will help move things around enough for the key to turn.

Comment

hit a big screwdriver into the tumbler with a hammer.

that will fix your problem. for good.
          Last edited by MikeE30325i; 06-06-2007, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 0000000000 View Post
            well heres the problem the key tumbler doesnt not turn weather the old key is tooken out or not...because the key tumbler is so messed up that theres broken shit inside of the tumbler other than the key cause someone tried to steal my car...put it like this they key tumbler is fucked...i just need to know how to take it out and replace it...
            I had the exact same problem a few months back. Get the broken key out and get a fresh key. Stick the fresh key in and a paperclip or whatever in the little hole and just work at it and jiggle it around. Sooner or later you will get it to turn right. This is all outlined in the Bentley. It might take a bit, but this will build character for you. If you give up and cannot get it I, personally, would call a locksmith. There is too much crap in there to just take a screwdriver and hammer and go to town, but it is your car.
            sigpic

Comment

well heres the problem the key tumbler doesnt not turn weather the old key is tooken out or not...
              Ummmmm......... tooken :tsk::tsk::tsk:

Yeah, I'd go with the locksmith.
              Originally posted by KingB
              Scratch my back and I buy a prostitute for you, to rub your balls. HAHA now thats some funny shit.

Comment

Originally posted by HST View Post
                Ummmmm......... tooken :tsk::tsk::tsk:

Yeah, I'd go with the locksmith.
                Im asian and my written english isnt too great... but thanks for the typo point out

Comment

Im asian and my written english isnt too great... but thanks for the typo point out

Comment

Working...
                  X