• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can do it in like 20min LBV
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
      I went on a quick run when I got home from work yesterday and spotted a 1987 L6. I had to stop and ask the old lady about it because I had never heard of the L6. The old lady didn't seem to know much about it besides it being a more luxurious model. Turns out she was right! Has anyone ever seen one of these?
      The L6 was a 1987 635 with the leather wrapped dash and headliner (probably some other luxury appointments I'm forgetting). Later cars with the "world bumpers" could come equipped with similar options, but they were no longer called the L6, but rather a 635 with the highline package.

The e24 is a great cruiser. They definitely look the business.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
        I think it'll make it to sac? It's gotten pretty bad but I'd be down to drive to your place. I went ahead and rented the puller and slide hammer today but couldn't find the thin wall socket so I foresee some problems. I was gonna attempt it first thing in the morning.
        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

I think he's back from Sac?
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            I think he's back from Sac?
            im back home! woohoo
            Much wow
            I hate 4 doors

Comment

LBV came over. Deadest battery ever, wheel bearing fell off with the rotor.
              Much wow
              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Eric saves the day!
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Anyone know if this guy is legit? I see his posts on Craigslist frequently. Thinking about rebuilding my sports seats. http://www.e30love.com/custom-rebuilt-seats.html

Comment

Should out to Eric for being amazing. This is why I love this community, anyone wanna plan a meet in the next week or so? I'm studying in Vienna from Jan 9th til may.
                    The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                    Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                    2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                    2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                      Hey I saw LBV last week too in my new shell.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

WTB early rt rear tail light lens

Hi I'm looking for rightrear tail lt lens in good condition for
                        86 E30.
                        Thanks

Oops meant for NorCal parts thread
                        Last edited by 36brua; 12-30-2016, 10:45 PM.
                        My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Has anyone seen or heard from Oliver recently?

Comment

Hey guys got an interesting issue going on with the e30 right now.

basically two weeks ago i had a pretty bad stutter until the car would warm up, the car would just stop accelerating very suddenly and jerk hard then continue along like nothing is wrong at all. i was thinking it was either fuel or spark related.

fast forward two weeks and it hadnt happened again really at all.

the other night im leaving my friends house pretty late and its about 35 outside, the car then gets its hiccups again and has really bad stuttering issues jerking the car very hard. at times the car would completely shut down going down the road at 30-40 mph, the clutch still engaged and the engine is still spinning but its not firing and all electronics are off, but if i disengage the clutch i can start the car by bumping the starter with my key. i thought this was very strange, and the battery is just as strong as normal starts the car every time with no issues.

im thinking the problem is fuel related possibly need a new filter and my pump could be dying, my coworker thinks the issue could be a coolant temp sensor.
                            either way i checked all my ignition wiring and everything is just find and dandy, only think i didnt check is the rotor and cap. only other ignition component i think it could be is possibly the coil pack? not too sure.

any input greatly appreciated. the car is an 86 325e with a fresh m20b27.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                              Hey guys got an interesting issue going on with the e30 right now.

basically two weeks ago i had a pretty bad stutter until the car would warm up, the car would just stop accelerating very suddenly and jerk hard then continue along like nothing is wrong at all. i was thinking it was either fuel or spark related.

fast forward two weeks and it hadnt happened again really at all.

the other night im leaving my friends house pretty late and its about 35 outside, the car then gets its hiccups again and has really bad stuttering issues jerking the car very hard. at times the car would completely shut down going down the road at 30-40 mph, the clutch still engaged and the engine is still spinning but its not firing and all electronics are off, but if i disengage the clutch i can start the car by bumping the starter with my key. i thought this was very strange, and the battery is just as strong as normal starts the car every time with no issues.

im thinking the problem is fuel related possibly need a new filter and my pump could be dying, my coworker thinks the issue could be a coolant temp sensor.
                              either way i checked all my ignition wiring and everything is just find and dandy, only think i didnt check is the rotor and cap. only other ignition component i think it could be is possibly the coil pack? not too sure.

any input greatly appreciated. the car is an 86 325e with a fresh m20b27.
                              My M3 did this a few months ago. I replaced the main relay as well as the fuel pump relay. It hasn't done it again since. At one point it would do this at least once a day. Then it stopped doing it, before I got the relays to install. I don't know if it was the relays or not, but I haven't had the issue following the relay replacement.

Will
                              '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                              '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                              '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                              '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                                My M3 did this a few months ago. I replaced the main relay as well as the fuel pump relay. It hasn't done it again since. At one point it would do this at least once a day. Then it stopped doing it, before I got the relays to install. I don't know if it was the relays or not, but I haven't had the issue following the relay replacement.

Will

Thanks for the input will, I didn't even think about the relays. Where can I purchase those?

Comment

Working...
                                X