'89 M20 into an '87 chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'89 M20 into an '87 chassis

I'm replacing the engine in my car with one out of an '89 325is that was wrecked. What parts out of the '89 body am I going to need, if any?

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

depends if you want to stick with your 87 cooling system or use the 89 later style, then you'd need the radiator, overflow tank, hoses. Is your 87 an I?
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

It's an iS. I got all the info I needed from Jordan, I think. Everything's swappable, I'm just going to swap in the late-model cooling system since I have everything I need for it.

EDIT: What about wiring? I read James's post in the other thread and need to know if any wiring will be different. The engine wiring harness out of the '89 is in one piece still, so let me know.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

if you use the 89 engine harness you'll have to rewire a couple wires. So I'd just stick your 87 harness on it and then you don't have that fuel injection harness plug that can become troublesome.
        85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3
          if you use the 89 engine harness you'll have to rewire a couple wires. So I'd just stick your 87 harness on it and then you don't have that fuel injection harness plug that can become troublesome.
          Will do. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X