i got a question for you guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got a question for you guys

i just bought a 98 bmw 528i and i have a big problem.

1. When you turn off the car or even on the brake light from the drivers side is on and drops my battery dead.... i checked the brake switch and its good i disconneted it and still was on... any suggestions anyone.....
    Stewie30luvr!!!!!!!!!!:up::up:

Holy shit I had to read that like 8 times to figure out what you were trying to say
    Originally posted by stewie30luvr View Post
    The drivers side brake light is always on even when the car is off, so its draining my battery on my 98 528i, I even disconnected my brake light switch and its still on. I know its not an e30 but I was wondering if anyone here can help me out.
    Fixed

Comment

Hate E39 electrical gremlins. From what I've read online. It can be the ignition switch or lamp control module. Check the lamp control module first. These are typical causes. You could always have a short somewhere also.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I'd almost say ignition switch before the light module...if the ignition switch supplies the voltage to enable the light module to turn on, wouldnt you start there?

You can always just disconnect the switch and/or module and see if the light turns off...

Comment

as you meant, it could be the ignition switch cuz my switch turns 360 degrees back like crazy i could go all day and it doesnt stop at all on less you go to the up position to turn the car on then it stops

Comment

ill agree to the switch cuz like i said in the above quote^ the switch spins like crazy.... should it do that or not

Comment

There you go...try the switch then.
              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

thanxz guys for the help if anyone needs a break down of a car pm me i got mitchell 1 on demand. cars till 2009 any make and model

Comment

make sure your turn signal isnt clicked down while the car is off?

1988 325iC Project - FINISHED!
                  Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=325iC+paint

Comment

Working...
                  X