Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M30b35 idle ~2200

Hello all,

Got my swap running and driving and trying to troubleshoot why my engine is idling at 2200.

Engine is a b35 from an e24 635csi and I plugged my late model e30 325i harness into it with a few extended wires. I have no check engine lights and no vacuum leaks that I could find.

My ICV was acting up so I replaced it with a known working one from my m52. My ideas so far would be a problem with the ECU, AFM or the FPR. I am looking to find some used ones locally to swap out and see if the situation improves.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

which ecu are you running?

don't quote me, but I believe you need to run a 179 ECU(e34 535) in order to get the values correct

otherwise TPS signal?
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

btw congrats on the swap!

pics!! vids!!

this is the swap I was going to buy off you lol

Comment

It is a 179 ECU. I've tried swapping the tps with my m20 tps and it didn't change anything so I don't think that signal is bad.

Comment

massive vac leak?
          cars beep boop

Comment

I guess I'll check again a little more thoroughly but I sprayed carb cleaner all over the intake top and bottom and didn't detect any major leaks.

Comment

Any luck?

Comment

Throttle cable or stuck open charcoal canister solenoid?

Comment

charcoal valve is plugged into the harness but not hooked up to the intake so that isn't the case. I used the charcoal canister port to feed my brake booster since my intake manifold didn't have a booster vacuum port.

I have a line on a spare ecu and afm to try but I can't get them until the weekend so I might be out of luck if I don't find any vacuum leaks. Really jealous of people who have junkyards with older bmw's in them. Anything around me is lucky to have 1 e36, never see anything older than that really.

Comment

Just as a follow up, it seems that either my ICV or however the ECU controls the ICV is acting up. I took the ICV off, plugged the hole in the rubber intake runner, and put a cap in the ICV hose going to the intake manifold with a 3/16" hole and the motor idles perfectly.

I think it is an ECU issue as the ICV I had on the engine is from my m52 and works perfectly on that engine. I'm getting a spare ECU this weekend so hopefully I can put the ICV back onto the engine without problems once I swap the computer.

Comment

Working...
                    X