No announcement yet.

Think my Output Shaft Seal is Leaking, Need a DIY and Advice on 30MM Nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the nut. Its sealed with something similar to red locktight. Head the nut first and it will come right off. The flange just pulls off.
    JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Sorry if its a total noob question bit what do you mean sealant on the splines I'm about to do this in a couple weekends and I wanna have all my shit straight before hand. Is it to hold on the output flange or the nut or both? And any lube to put on the seal or just push the fucker on?

Comment

The thread locker just goes on the threads and is there to prevent the nut from loosening. A smear of oil on the seal and flange is appropriate.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Cloudbase where did you get your socket? I am also in Boulder. I am looking to do this this Mon or Tues.

Comment

So I've been working all day trying to get this goddamn nut off. I hit it with PB Blaster last night and let it sit overnight, hit it again this morning and let it sit another 2 hours. Breaker bar isn't making it budge, and the 700 ft-lb impact wrench isn't doing anything except destroying the non-impact socket. I also tried the blowtorch for a couple minutes and still nothing. This isn't lefty-tighty, righty-loosey, right?!
            Last edited by Deja_Vu; 01-15-2017, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X