Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transmission Output Flange Socket (30 mm thin wall deep)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably changed design since 2009.

Comment

Sorry for the bump, but I thought I'd add I got a PowerTorque GM8335 from O'Reilly with an outer diameter of just over 39.6mm and it fit. I saw on another forum someone said the max outer was 39mm but once you remove the lock plate (I think that's what it's called) it goes right on.

Comment

Originally posted by Deja_Vu View Post
        Sorry for the bump, but I thought I'd add I got a PowerTorque GM8335 from O'Reilly with an outer diameter of just over 39.6mm and it fit. I saw on another forum someone said the max outer was 39mm but once you remove the lock plate (I think that's what it's called) it goes right on.
        Hey thanks man, i tried advanced and coudnt find one, i am trying the one from o'reily later today after work.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'm having trouble finding that flange for my g260. Anyone know where to grab one from used?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Deja_Vu View Post
            I just bought this socket, thanks. Didn't seem to fit at all, but I forgot about the lock plate. It slips right on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0970.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	7192770

Comment

9 years and going. bought a socket at Autozone too big. This is on the shelf across the street at Advance and does the job.

'08 E90 328i Sport '04 E53 3.0 '02 E46 325i Sport '91 E30 325ic M-Technic

Comment

so its 2020, anyone know of a socket that fits?
                all the above are no longer available. I tried the gearwrench 80826 one today from amazon due to some reviews saying it worked, but it doesnt...

I dont have stuff to grind it down properly so i need on that actually doesnt need modifying.
                sigpic
                Formula SAE Alumn
                2002 SVT Focus- Mrs. Daily
                1989 Alpenweiss 325i sedan- My Daily
                1994 Red Miata- Her's
                2003 Electron Blue Corvette Z06- His
                I like to Fly ;)

Comment

facepalm... Pried out the locking plate/washer, then I had enough clearance. I saw this mentioned on earlier reply but the photo was misleading, and mine didn't look like it would slip past the nut, but it did. Lesson learned. I would upload pics but there is a stupid size limit on photos and I'm not going to resize then.
                  sigpic
                  Formula SAE Alumn
                  2002 SVT Focus- Mrs. Daily
                  1989 Alpenweiss 325i sedan- My Daily
                  1994 Red Miata- Her's
                  2003 Electron Blue Corvette Z06- His
                  I like to Fly ;)

Comment

Working...
                  X