Trunk lid stuck shut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trunk lid stuck shut

Pretty self explanitory, the other day i just shut my trunk normally not too hard didn't think anything of it. Since that night, i havn't been able to open it back up, i push the key in and nothing happens, I have a 88 325ix if it means anything.

Any tricks or tips on how to get a broken latch to open? the seats obviously don't fold down and i have a glove box i planned on fixing sitting in the trunk i can't open now. Any help is appreciated
    1986 5.0 Mustang - Sold, regretfully
    1975 Yamaha xs500 twin DOHC - winter project for spring
    1988 325ix

sigpic

sorry if thats not helpful. i wish you luck. maybe try getting wd-40 in there somehow.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by whatt18yahoo
      this might get deleted so i'll pm it as well

have you tried putting the key in turning to the left and pushing in? on my 3 series sometimes it'd lock others not
      Why would this get deleted?

Try wd or PB blaster in the lock cylinder lock an unlock it a few times see if that doesn't do the trick
      "God created turbo lag to give V8's a chance" Taylor D.

Comment

Originally posted by 5KWattson View Post
        Why would this get deleted?
        Mods delete most of yahoo's posts outside his thread.
        Originally posted by LJ851
        I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
          Mods delete most of yahoo's posts outside his thread.
          Ahahahahahahahaha yeah I forgot about that
          "God created turbo lag to give V8's a chance" Taylor D.

Comment

Does your central locking system work at all?

Did it before this snafu?

If you can get your rear seat out, I can get you to the trunk lock wires, you can strip back 1/8th inch and get voltage to them, should unlock everything.

Is your gas cap unlocked?

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

yo bump. i won't make a new thread. i'm pissed, and frustrated. got new tires at a shop. the guys at the shop somehow managed to get my key jammed in the rear trunk lock. so now my trnk is locked, but both coupe doors unlocked. operation lock on drivers door unlocks the passenger. i'm stuck. any insight on getting the trunk to unlock. more info on that voltage thing under the seat. the car is "unlocked" gas cap is not locked, how can i unjam my key, it does not turn in the trunk tumbler and will not pull out? the guys said they left the key in the tumbler...
              Last edited by m3clutch; 11-14-2010, 05:48 PM.
              Flickr

Comment

Working...
              X