No announcement yet.

In a pickle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds like you're a nice guy and this dude is taking advantage. He is in contact with you. He's just lazy/stoner or agreed to something he can no longer come through on. I'm guessing you never really got mad at him. He'll just keep putting it off. Hope you get out of this situation and NEVER trust some loser you don't know to do something like this via the internet. Both people might have good intentions, but this is why there are professional shops that cost more.

Comment

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

this would worry me along with the many other posts he has looking for a shell along with a few threads with a s50 for sale
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
        WTF, this and Muccis theft all in 1 week?
        i'm not sure how well those two situations align. :neutral:
        8380 Laboratories
        M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxx_ View Post
          why don't you ask for a photo with today's newspaper in the frame? I believe it's called, proof of life?
          I actually did this a few days ago. I got no picture, but he promised me he had it (he is a f*cking flake).....I really need someone to stop by just to show him that im serious about getting my car back soon.

I have gotten very serious with him. I have called his home phone, cell phone, PM'd, and Facebooked him every day telling him to bring me my damn car regardless of it being complete or not. He knows i dont trust him any more, and that im very pissed off/fed up.

About a week ago he replied to a message i sent him with:
          "$-wise, don't want a dime for any work i did to your car. i feel horrendous this happened like this. you went the whole summer without wheels. that BLOWS. I'm into it a few hundred for parts, the radiator mounts, flywheel machining, that+gas for the trip."

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
          Sounds like you need a massage.
          Originally posted by kpeng
          Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

you still haven't found anyone ? Post bimmerforums regional also get that shit moving. Don't rely on him.

Comment

At this point I'd call his local police department. Request to file a report. They may not be able to do anything or care to do anything but that doesn't matter. Once you get a copy of the report send it to him, that should be enough to light a fire under his ass. Best case scenario he gets a knock on his door and there is a guy in uniform on the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by blunt View Post
                why thank you kind sir but that greek god in my avatar is the one and only Good n tight. However I am also a very handsome and well preserved specimen myself. I sometimes catch my reflection in the pristine depth of my brilliantrot e30's finish and just have to stop and take a pause to relish in my uncommon good looks
                i call BS. we all know what you look like blunt:

Originally posted by blunt View Post
                and here is a pic of me in my study after a rewarding read of "little women"
                sigpic
                1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

r3v must bring OP justice
                  Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

Comment

Aside from the poor judgment sending your car to someone you dont know, I feel for ya dude.

Someone here should help you out by going by and at least checking on if the car is still in one piece and where it's supposed to be. I would, but I'm in Texas.

I am however a licensed PI and can send the guy a letter of inquiry on my letterhead and see if that lights a fire under his slacker ass.

Bear in mind. He is probably reading this thread, if he is smart and really does have bad intentions. Criminal minds are not always stupid.
                    Last edited by txtorquemade; 11-05-2010, 02:36 PM.
                    sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

He isnt a complete 'stranger'. As sketchy/ghey as this sounds before i sent him my car i friended him on facebook and he is actually good friends with a group of girls i know. Anyway, this is the most recent contact ive had with him:

Joe XXXXXX November 4 at 8:45am:(me)

Please get back to me. I feel like your seriously taking advantage of me in this situation and its just not right. I've been more than accommodating to your lack of updates, B.S. excuses, and what seems like overall lack of motivation.
                      I don't know about you but when im working for someone else i make sure my work is done in the time/fashion promised. You told me once you had all the parts sourced it would take 5days to have the car up and running. Its been over 7 months, my car isn't running, and as far as i know may not even have the motor in it yet. I haven't seen one photo update.... You also assured me delivery to Ohio would not be an issue at all, yet ive been getting ridiculous excuses since August. Not cool man.

If the car had been done in the first 4 months i would have been able to pick it up because i spent May-August in NY/NJ...but nope it wasnt finished yet. I'm not going to be in NY until late December and there is no way in hell i am going to wait that long to get my car. You gave me your word you could get the swap done, and while others were skeptical about "some kid" doing the swap for me i had a lot of trust and faith in you. Thats gone now and is replaced with distrust and lots of frustration.

At this point i dont care how far along, or how uncompleted the swap is. Just bring me my car so i can be done with this headache.

Lastly, some friends of mine/members of R3v may be stopping by just to let me know that the car is really at your house and not wrecked/in pieces. Because im starting to think its either stolen, impounded, wrecked, or its been adopted as your own car and you plan on keeping it.

Mike XXXXXXX November 4 at 9:43am Report:(him)

its not lack of motivation. i've done tons of work for people. its piss poor planning, lack of time, and a streak of hurdles. I can't do it. I concede to that. i know what i said. i'm WAY off budgeted time. i've done swaps before, none have taken so long. hell, i even told your dad you could take my M3 to drive indefinately (before i blew the trans), i felt so bad about it.

i have a worthy truck, i told you i can bring you the car as it is, just not during the week. If I can't get there this weekend, and you want to involve a 3rd party for transport, I WILL HELP OFFSET THE ADDITIONAL COST. ok? I've made it clear I want to do what I can to make you whole. On top of not wanting anything for the work i've done at this point, I'm willling to dig into my pocket now. I'm as much, if not more disappointed than you are. If I could've afforded to drop it off at a shop and have them pick up where I left off I would have called, told you so, and picked up the difference a LONG time ago. It crossed my mind.

I don't plan on keeping it, its not wrecked, or in pieces or parted out. the farthest apart its been was me taking the hood off it so it didnt get banged up.

i know you've been VERY accomodating, and i appreciate it. I agree this is VERY ridiculous as I've said many a time.

i know you trusted just "some kid" you're not the only one. I blew it. I had no intention of ruining my reputation like this. Just wanted to help and figured it would be a cool thing to have under my belt.

Now, people on bimmerforums went to go visit a member much in a similar way. His property was thoroughly vandalized and some stolen. I don't mind someone sticking there head in to see your car, whatever, they'll see it. I'd expect no more than that, while I have your car here, and going forward. And i truly hope you didn't post my information on the internet.

Joe XXXXX November 4 at 10:11am (me)

Just let me know if you can get the car here this weekend, if not i may have a 3rd party pick it up.

Your information is not on the internet. The only thing out there is "Mike" and Fairfield NJ. I would never post your address and full name.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats where i stand now. I posted a thread in the New England regional section here and no one has replied yet. If any of you are in NY/NJ and wouldnt mind paying him a visit this weekend i would really appreciate it and ill paypal you some moolah so you can help yourself to some drinks, gas, or whatever.

txtorquemade: if you could do that i would really really appreciate it. PM me if your serious and ill give you his contact info.

Also I'm 90% sure he isnt on r3v so i doubt he is looking at this thread, and if he was on R3v he my username is different on here than on BF.c so unless he searches/reads a lot of threads i doubt he has seen/will see this thread.

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

PM'd
                        sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

COULD IT BE?!?!?!?!

Mike XXXXX November 5 at 6:01pm Report

yes, i can. i will bring your car.
                          sorry for the troubles. seriously.
                          i appreciate not making my address public. i figured you were above that. i was jut a little concerned for anyone who may have seen it because sometimes people take it into their own hands to be vigilantes.

this weekend. early monday departure at the latest. i have a cellphone again, i have your address, a functional vehicle, trailer, everything. i'd like to get a copilot, but that isnt a huge issue. no more excuses.

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

From the looks of the conversation you had with him, this is just an unfortunate and messy situation. He seems willing to cooperate, however the fact that he may have been giving you similar rhetoric for months now is certainly flaky.

Keep talking with him and try to get your car back. Maintaining communication is key. At this point he probably realizes that he will need to act soon.
                            Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

Comment

After it's off the trailer in your driveway, punch him in the wiener. Really hard.

1988 Bronzitbeige Metallic 325e 2-door S50 turbo (OO=( )=OO)
                              2008 VW Rabbit
                              1991 Audi 200 20vtq Wagon

Comment

kick*

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Working...
                                X