Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how "stable" does your cabrio feel at high speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine feels good up to 130... only done it once but felt good tires make a huge difference..
    My Multi car part out. Need a part? Pm me...
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=193051

Need 24v swap parts? How about a LSD? Plastic Bumpers? Or anything else click here...
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215044

Have you done business with me? If so leave me feedback here...
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=188307

Comment

i had mine to 130 and it felt the same as the 2dr coupes i've had.

I'll prob never do it in a cabrio again tho, just wanted to see how far she'd go.

Comment

had mine up to 130ish and felt stable and planted--I do have some aero on the car so...

join the E30 Cabrio owners gruppe
        click here for details

Comment

133 according to the speedometer..not sure how accurate that really is though. Considering it took me like 27 minutes down hill to get it there, I had plenty of time to diagnose the handling and think about any bolt that may not be tight and wonder about worst case scenarios. It was rock solid.

Top and windows down, The Cult playing on the CD. I have that 'is spoiler but i doubt that does a damn thing. Its more about the suspension/tires.
          '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

look into your suspension.

Fast life fuck slow..Low life for life
            Let the mix flow..Let the night flow
            I'm so gone ✗ ♥ O

Comment

Originally posted by ///digitalme View Post
              my 318is is very stable at high speeds although i did have a similar problem...going past 65 my car would feel like the rear end would slide a little...i changed the subframe bushings shocks, and trailing arm bushings and everything is way better and super stable at high speeds

+1

My 86 ES had the same issues, I wasnt' sure what was causing it wheil i had it, only when i sold the car and got my 88 IS did a pre-purchase insp. reveal the broken rear subframe bushing(s).

Replace them and I'm sure your car will stiffen up. Best performance "mod" (maint) you can do for you car

Comment

^ +2
                sigpic
                91 325ic
                85 528e
                92 325i
                86 535i gone
                92 325is gone

Comment

Originally posted by ///digitalme View Post
                  my 318is is very stable at high speeds although i did have a similar problem...going past 65 my car would feel like the rear end would slide a little...i changed the subframe bushings shocks, and trailing arm bushings and everything is way better and super stable at high speeds

that

Comment

haha i thought i was the only one crazy enough to go 120 in my cab. felt pretty solid. suspension isnt bad at all, and i got a bigger tires on the back wheels. iv always wondered why, but the real answer is somewhere in the PO's head. always ment to look into it. any ideas?
                    1992 BMW 325iC <3

Comment

It's a German car, it's engineered to run at top speed all day long. Instability would be either an alignment issue or as stated before, worn bushings, loose ball joints or maybe a steering rack issue.
                      sigpic
                      -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

Working...
                      X