X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MonkeyMadness View Post
    Better late than never I guess..~!
    :/

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

So for the other style coolant pipe is this correct?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
      Transaction feedback
      - jpod999

Comment

So I'm just a bit confused on the whole cooling system and where everything connects to on the swap. I've done so searching and got most of my answers but still unclear on a few things. These are the threads i'm mainly going off of for now:

I've also drawn up this crappy little diagram and hoping that you guys can help me out with the unknown pieces. I have the rear coolant pipe with the 4 nipples from an E34 540i

Can someone please let me know where the following connect to?

C) The nipple on the rad above the upper rad hose
        D & G) I believe one of these goes to the expansion tank, where does the other go? I saw Jgood welded it shut, is that a requirement or a choice?
        H & I) the 2 thin hoses on the top of the expansion tank?

Any help is appreciated, and also please let me know if I labelled something incorrectly on my diagram. I dont want to be giving any false info for people searching for this in the future.

Thanks!
        Last edited by P Arkus; 11-02-2016, 07:45 PM.
        Originally posted by 36brua
        Isn't that what these forums are all about making stuff easier... OO no never mind this is r3v...
        Patryk:up:
        Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 325is ///M-Tech II
        08 VW .:R32
        04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post

Can someone please let me know where the following connect to?
          C) The nipple on the rad above the upper rad hose
          C goes to I

D & G) I believe one of these goes to the expansion tank, where does the other go? I saw Jgood welded it shut, is that a requirement or a choice?
          If your donor was an Automatic car, then E and G went to a transmission cooler below the car.
          On mine, I used one for the tank, and I capped the other one. I'm also using an X5 reservoir though.

H & I) the 2 thin hoses on the top of the expansion tank?
          Like I said earlier, I think I goes to C

I'm not 100% with this tank, because I used the X5 tank, and blocked off one of the outlets.

How I have mine set up:

E to E
          G to F(Heater core)
          D to bottom of the tank
          F on the coolant channel I have capped.
          C to I
          and I don't have an H.

Hope that helps.
          Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Thats a huge help. Thank you. How did you cap off F on the coolant channel? Did you also weld it shut?

Edit: also to follow up on H, I did some more research and it appears that the hose for H is the pressure overflow bleed from the expansion tank. It does not connect to anything, it just drops down to the frame rail.
            Last edited by P Arkus; 11-03-2016, 11:58 AM.
            Isn't that what these forums are all about making stuff easier... OO no never mind this is r3v...

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Thats a huge help. Thank you. How did you cap off F on the coolant channel? Did you also weld it shut?
              I went GhettoFabulous on it, and plugged it with a short section of hose, and a big ass bolt, and 2 hose clamps. hahaha It works though.

Eventually, I'm pulling the motor and trans to do some firewall work, when that happens, I'll probably go have it welded shut.
              Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

I dont want to start another thread so i'll post my question here as its still related to cooling. Whats everyone going with in terms of fans? Pusher style or puller style. I'm deleting AC so I'm thinking of doing a pusher fan. This would leave me with a bit of extra space in front of the pulleys.

Are there any advantages to pusher vs puller fans?

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

I dont want to start another thread so i'll post my question here as its still related to cooling. Whats everyone going with in terms of fans? Pusher style or puller style. I'm deleting AC so I'm thinking of doing a pusher fan. This would leave me with a bit of extra space in front of the pulleys.

Volvo fan puller
                  Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                  Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                  Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

16" Spal pusher.
                    Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

I didn't want to create a new thread for this so I'll tack on to this one. I know people such as JGood have had issues with Mishimoto in the past, I believe he settled on doing a Z3M S54 Behr radiator. I think I've found another aluminum radiator option in CSF Racing based out of Southern California.

Scroll down until you see the Other BMW Applications section. It looks like the 3054 radiator might work yeah? 1 5/8" core works out to be just under 42mm which is what the Behr unit is. Thoughts?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                      Transaction feedback
                      - jpod999

Comment

Working...
                      X