the Aluminum Monster. a 318 with a special 24v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a beard not just a stache!

In other news, I fixed the stereo and now have a fully functioning bass machine. I will enjoy the 2500+ miles I will be driving in the next 2 weeks.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

i like autox a lot. there's a few events coming up by speedventures at auto club speedway. I'm not going to make it to the august event but I'll be going to the october and november ones for sure.

how's that miata battery holding up with the amp/luke box?
      Just curious since my naysaying miata buddy doesn't think it's strong enough to run my 2 amps.
      sigpic

Comment

So far no problems. I'll probably upgrade my alternator since it was a used one anyways, but the car fires up just like before with the bigger battery
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Yeah what kind of amp do you have powering the sub? Glad you finally put it in. I quite enjoy mine and miss it sorely whenever I'm driving another car.

Once you get some tweeters and maybe get a 5-speaker system going, it'll pop even more!
          '91 325i

Comment

Stereo will get an overhaul someday. For now the 4 interior speakers are all amped by a 45x4 MTX amp and I have a Pioneer amp just for the 12" sub. I have the tweeters that came on the cars from the factory and also a crossover that I can use, but thats a ways away. Basically the stereo is good now, but I will redo it entirely. Probably going to get a good headunit that can power the interior speakers so there is just the one amp for the sub. its a lot simpler that way
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

I demand pics of lip!

Comment

Originally posted by ikonwun View Post
                I demand pics of lip!
                I'll have more later, but heres a few pics my friend and myself snapped with our cell phones. The pictures I took with a real camera (ie point and shoot, not your fancy pants nikons or whatever) will get uploaded one of these days when my laptop stops being a little bitch

IMG_6580 by 2mAn

I love this lip, nice and simple like the basic "I" lip but bigger. $10 all day long used, so I would have to go through like a score of them before I wouldve spent as much money as an IS lip.

Pretty simple to install, just bust of the dremel, get about 10 sheet metal screws and your done after about an hour of trimming.

I should have some other cool little updates soon
                Last edited by 2mAn; 07-04-2017, 11:25 AM. Reason: fuck photobucket
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Car looks good man.
                  You need a new sig with the lip. Your old one kills me.

I love that lip too. Only changed cus I melted it.lol

There will be a new lip to take over for the hated Volvo lip. VW lip ftw.

Comment

Yup, Miatas have their own battery designation but not all Miata batteries are created equal. Only the OEM Panasonic battery is any good. If you're gonna pay $130 for a battery, just get an Odyssey battery, it's the same AGM technology as the OEM Panasonic.

Comment

Your car looks nice. What kind of mono wiper kit is on your e30?
                      Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by ikonwun View Post
                        Car looks good man.
                        You need a new sig with the lip. Your old one kills me.

I love that lip too. Only changed cus I melted it.lol

There will be a new lip to take over for the hated Volvo lip. VW lip ftw.
                        I love the lip, and yes I definitely need to change the sig, that is a very old pic. Someday...

Originally posted by Liquidity View Post
                        Yup, Miatas have their own battery designation but not all Miata batteries are created equal. Only the OEM Panasonic battery is any good. If you're gonna pay $130 for a battery, just get an Odyssey battery, it's the same AGM technology as the OEM Panasonic.
                        thanks?...

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
                        Your car looks nice. What kind of mono wiper kit is on your e30?
                        The mono wiper is a stock unit modified to sweep pretty much the full 180*. I need to move it down a little further so its parked at the end of its revolution, but theres been other things to keep me busy. Im sure I will get around to it someday.

In other news, I finally got an extra Rectangular C101, a M42 ecu mount and a Red46 skidplate and I had zero luck with them yesterday. The radiator support is shorter(?) than the later ones, because the holes were about 1/2" away from where they needed to be. I might get away with enlarging the holes slightly, but not sure yet.

The ECU mount is fine, but since Im using the E34 harness its a tad short. I think I can make up the difference, but I want to wait until Ive installed the C101, so for now all these parts are shelved...

Still have some other things pending, but no pics of real updates for now
                        Last edited by 2mAn; 07-04-2017, 11:26 AM.
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Best mod Ive done to the car so far... a new windshield.

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
                          2man stopped by & got that fresh glass.

Guess I can cross that off my list.

In other news, I smoked a douche driving a G37S today. He was pissed. I LOL'd
                          Last edited by 2mAn; 07-04-2017, 11:27 AM.
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

makes your car feel new again am I right!

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                            DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

The little things, man.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

New windshield is awesome. !!!!

What's are these "other things pending" you speak of?

Comment

Working...
                                X