Scum class 318 + Mtech + vortech v2 + unicorns - vortech + Turrrrbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
    LOL shit so all that time sitting in traffic for no reason?!

Basically yes. at least it works now.

Comment

Thanks for the info and once I figured out the pinouts for my DME I was able to get the idle bump sorted out.

In order to not flood this build thread, if you are interested in the AC idle bump fix please go here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=249136

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Sorry about the terrible video, my friend clearly won't be starting a career as a cameraman anytime soon.
        Atleast the audio is good, I'm using an Audio Technica PRO24CM mic and iphone 6s for video.

Comment

Supercharger setup has been sold. Motor still available.

Moving onto bigger and better things.

Short disassembly timelapse

Comment

What bigger and better things?

Where is an update on the bigger and better things??? I was enjoying reading this to much for the story to just end lol. :hitler:

Comment

Originally posted by Razor1981 View Post
              Where is an update on the bigger and better things??? I was enjoying reading this to much for the story to just end lol. :hitler:
              I think he was planning on going the S54 route, but not sure if that has happened
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

To each their own, but why go from S52 S/C with 500+HP to a S54 with 343HP?

Comment

Turbo S54 with 1000hp?

Comment

Originally posted by mila325 View Post
                    Turbo S54 with 1000hp?
                    or maybe he realized that you dont need 500bhp in an E30...

A tuned S54 can make a lot more than 343 and I still think thats too much.

My ~270 is plenty for an E30, but again to each their own
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by mila325 View Post
                      Turbo S54 with 1000hp?

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      or maybe he realized that you dont need 500bhp in an E30...

A tuned S54 can make a lot more than 343 and I still think thats too much.

My ~270 is plenty for an E30, but again to each their own
                      I was just listing stock number, good numbers even then from the way it sounds with these cars. I can't say.... My 325 is sitting waiting for me to finish what my buddy started and get the M50 in it.

Comment

Hey dudes, unfortunately the car is just sitting in my driveway. Been busy at school pursuing another degree, and fixing a POS 735i I bought to daily.

At the moment there's only a few suspension upgrades planned for this car. However there will be a turbo charger in its future..
                        superchargers be damned!

Comment

Scum class 318 + Mtech + vortech v2 + unicorns

Just installed a new gas tank. The siphon in my old one clogged up so fuel wasn't returning to the tank.

I got the Dorman tank off rock auto. $250

The quality of the tank is nice, sadly that quality is found everywhere except where it counts.

The venturi and swirl pot are both a bad design. The siphon pipe is nothing like oem, it's just a small 5/16" pipe welded to a 1/2" pipe, there's no venturi visible, unless it's inside the pipe somehow. From the outside it's a single diameter pipe everywhere, meaning no venturi effect to speak of. The siphon likely still works due to the pressure drop in the 1/2" pipe, but it would much less effective without the venturi
                          I stole some pics from another thread showing the venturi:

You can see where the diameter of the pipe reduces significantly. That's where it clogs. I tried to rod it out with a thin wire with no success. For clarification those pics show the oem style siphon.

Oem siphon looks like this:

The Dorman tank looks like more like this:

The other fail is in the swirl pot. The oem tank has a small 5/16" hole drilled at the bottom of the pot to keep it filled, and is located quite cleverly at the furthest point away from the pump pickup, which also happens to be towards the front of the car, so no gas would drain on accel.

The Dorman tank has a massively unecessary 1" hole located right next to the pickup. On top of that it's located at the rear of the pot, so any fuel held inside would instantly wash out on acceleration. Huge design fail. No pics of this but it's just about the worst place they could have put the pot drain back hole.

I'll be testing the tank on track but it seems like there would almost certainly be significant fuel starvation due to the terrible hole placement and lack of an actual siphon.
                          I'm thinking about taking some JB weld putty and blocking off most of the 1" hole to make the purchase worthwhile.

I'm working on getting some more updates. I got a few more things planned to get the car somewhat useful on track. New rear RSMs, brake pads, shocks. I also got a set of 17" Apex ARC-8's with some aggressive fitment that I'm excited about.

EDIT: another complaint about the gas tank. The filler pipe is a bit lower than oem, so the rubber fill hose touches the subframe. Likely will wear through the hose over time. We shall see
                          Last edited by pandaboo911; 01-24-2017, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Down the rabbit hole to turbo Wonderland!!

Comment

Did some exhaust work for the time being so I can drive this POS.

Drove it for 1 epic day on new hankook rs3s and blew up the clutch. Fuck old cars man. Clutch had less than 2000 miles on it

Also the paint chipped on my brand new $1000 wheels when I installed the center cap. GARBAGE.

Comment

So I started doing the clutch.. Go to remove the driveshaft and it starts spinning with the wheels locked up.

Anyone know the breakaway torque for the diff clutches?
                                Last edited by pandaboo911; 05-25-2017, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X