FEELER- anyone want a 6 speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northern View Post
    True, but if I can not spend $375+shipping/duty on a shifter, then I'd rather not. I was thinking about this for my daily to treat 6th as an "extra" O/D gear.

That post is exactly the kind of info I come into threads for, so thank you.

I didn't buy one either; was just answering your query with an expensive but off the shelf solution.

My 6mt came with the shift linkage from the e46 320d. Any z4 or e46 or e60 shift carrier will be a good donor to be chopped down

Selector rod can be chopped up and welded from anything really; all e30/36/46 have compatible pins on the ends; The rest is crushed tube steel and the 6mt will need a shorty with a big clearance bend

friend with welder + beer = free shift linkage?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wanganstyle; 02-10-2014, 07:56 PM.
    OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

I have a ZF model GS6-37BZ for sale if anyone's interested $700 shipped pm me

Comment

Does the G265 main gear case bolt up to the G260 bell housing? If so I would assume it's relatively bolt on for the m20 guys. If thats the case, count me I

Comment

Originally posted by NotJesus View Post
          Does the G265 main gear case bolt up to the G260 bell housing? If so I would assume it's relatively bolt on for the m20 guys. If thats the case, count me I
          Read the original post wrong

Comment

Soo...this is just a better option for m20 guys then rite? Because if it sits on a 24v motor like the g260, then the e46m3 6spd is the better solution for 24v guys yes?
            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
              Soo...this is just a better option for m20 guys then rite? Because if it sits on a 24v motor like the g260, then the e46m3 6spd is the better solution for 24v guys yes?
              Sohc angle vs dohc angle yes; you hit it on the flotz.
              OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Resurrected after two years, sorry if bother you. :D

I am about to start this conversion. My car is E34 with M20 engine and 4HP22 automatic transmission. I want to make it 6 speed manuel too. And have a lot to do.

I am going to buy a S6-37 transmission and at first place I don't think change diff which is 4.45.

On the top, people wrote what it's need for this conversion. I request you to please write me oem part numbers of for example flywheel and clutch kit. And also, you have already discussed linkage etc. But if it's possible could you please write what I should do exactly.

I tried to find flywheel and clutch's part number and I think I have found clutch which is 21217528214, but I could not make sure of flywheel's 21207533868 because they wrote it is 240mm.

It would be great, you help.
                Last edited by hijack; 07-24-2016, 07:56 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Working...
                X