No announcement yet.

Garagetotal Kuhfänger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little big update. Finally getting back to working on the car and it feels great. Next up is diagnosing all leaks and getting my IS lip stripped and painted. Can't wait to see what this custom paint looks like I'm coming up with.

'

So theres about 20,000,000 layers of bronzit beige on this thing. I've found that letting Aircraft stipper for plastics sit on it for about 15 -20 minutes then taking a pressure washer to get all the loose crap off works pretty well.

Started getting more light in the garage. We mounted two lights vertical on the 6x6s.

Lift secured to the ground and operational.

New $600 hose reel that came free with the lift.

Legend Factory box and digi cut stickers available at legendfactory.bigcartel.com.

till next time.

Comment

That new valance is gonna look sick man!
      sigpic
      '89 325i RoyalBlau Metallic - Kylie
      Follow me on IG! @its.christiannn

Comment

Found my oil leak.

.....aaaaaand my trans cooling line leak.

.....aaaaaand my power steering leak.

Last edited by oprahhwinfreyy; 03-03-2016, 04:37 PM.

Comment

After a little bout of kinda falling out of love with the car after an oil leak ordeal which I'm still not happy with, I've started to get back into the car.

So recent updates. Theres an oil leak coming from the front passenger side corner of the motor. Im hoping its not a head gasket but at the same i hope it is so I'll have an excuse to redo the head and clean up the bay a bit. But if the head comes off, who knows how long it will be before It goes back on.

Another thought is its the cam seal, or those end plugs on the front and back of the head on an M20. I have those new in a box waiting to go in along with a valve cover gasket.

Recently I've just been enjoying the car because its really all I have anymore.

Took it out for some midnight runs.

Rolled 210,000

Can't do 90+ degree weather anymore with no A/C

Found the leak.

LSD Swap

Old Diff

Resealing the new LSD. Super good condition. Very low mileage.

We got the new diff in up to one bolt that has buggy threads in the diff. After we clean those up it'll be good to run.

Comment

Finally got the LSD in. Works great. Haven't really done much to the car. I replaced the spark plugs with some NGKs but thats about it. I have timing belt and water pump kit ready to install along with a lot of gaskets on the upper half of the motor as well as a fuel filter.

I still haven't painted my valence yet. So much procrastination.

Comment

Cool build and awesome photography! I like those b&w's from earlier in the thread.

Car's looking good. Bet it will look great when you paint that cow-catcher :up:

Comment

Nice progress and sweet pics man!

Comment

keep it going man. dont lose steam :up:
                  -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                  91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                  08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                  04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                  Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                  Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Still havn't done anything to the car. Learned my oil leak was actually coming from the valve cover so thats nice. I hope to start working on the car more. It got cold, i fell out of love with the car, I quit my job, now I'm working in the industry that I love, so hopefully the car will make a lot of progress this year.

Comment

So you're the first guy I've seen with the same look I'm going for.. First off, very nice thirty and love the thread. Secondly, how do you like the super sport springs? I'm ordering my low stuff Friday and was in between the sports and super sports. Do you ever scrape? Is the ride nice?

Comment

Originally posted by RichiesE30 View Post
                        So you're the first guy I've seen with the same look I'm going for.. First off, very nice thirty and love the thread. Secondly, how do you like the super sport springs? I'm ordering my low stuff Friday and was in between the sports and super sports. Do you ever scrape? Is the ride nice?

I honestly wish I would've made IE springs work. I just need to close a little more wheel gap. So maybe even the HR race springs or whatever. I need like another .5" to .75" drop to be happy. At the end of the day, it still looks kinda rad.

The ride is awesome. Nice and tight but still soft enough for bad city roads.

I have only scraped once and that was because I was trying to off road it up a busted up entry way into a parking lot.

Comment

Looks great! Still my favorite 80s-90s BMW color

Comment

Dude, great work & you really motivated me to go to the five lug swap (even though I might go another route) - I'm forever in your debt! I just lost a royalblau e28 and this is just perfect! Keep up the good work man.
                            Paynemw
                            1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
                            the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
                            1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

Originally posted by paynemw View Post
                              Dude, great work & you really motivated me to go to the five lug swap (even though I might go another route) - I'm forever in your debt! I just lost a royalblau e28 and this is just perfect! Keep up the good work man.
                              I wish i would've done the swap from the beginning due to lack of 4x100 wheels and my hesitation on running adapters.

Comment

I can take one thing off my long list of to-dos for the year.

Scored a Bride Zeta II for cheap. I have to sew some new velcro on as well as patch and sew up a small hole up near the head rest as well as down on the bottom left corner.

Comment

Working...
                                X