Second time's a charm? M-Tech II Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tell you what..I may not get it right the first time, but you bet your ass I end up totally redeeming myself.

Tastes change, babies happen, and most of the time you immediately regret selling the car you just had. Fortunately, the day i basically gave up hope on finding a wagon for a decent price, one fell into my lap. 4 days and a stack of Euros later, I found myself chucking deuces to my boss at 1000 on a Friday to rush 200km to see this car before someone else was supposedly showing up to get it (guy ended up having already driven 400+km and was 45min away when the PO texted him to say it was sold).

This is the first thing i saw when he pulled it out of the garage. My friends were suspect as fuck. They had their doubts about it looking too good to be true, camera hiding flaws, etc etc. I kept my composure, but I'd decided in the 1st 30 seconds..I HAD to leave with this.

Met me at the door with 2 bundles of paperwork; original documents and previous owners in one, and all the receipts for work done to the car in the past 10 years in the other. This was his baby, and he hadn't been frugal.

Now I get to walk up to this every morning.

Shitty part is Vehicle Inspection failed me for literally the dumbest shit I'd ever heard. So, all new front end components it was.

Shes needs a few things here and there, but nothing I wasn't planning on replacing or upgrading anyways. Working my way front to back on the car, front wheel bearings, rear bushings, brake overhaul. Starting on my roof rack project this weekend as well.
    -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot
    -15' 320i, Glacier Silver Metallic

Looks great! Congrats!
    Originally posted by codyep3
    I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
    2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
    1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
    1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
    2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
    2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
    2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
    2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
    2010 F650gs twin
    2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

I hate red color cars. But I love this one. It has to be the best looking touring I have ever seen. Subscribed.
      How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Sick!! GL with the build!
        sigpic
        '89 325i RoyalBlau Metallic - Kylie
        Follow me on IG! @its.christiannn

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
          I hate red color cars.
          I agree with this 100%. They suck trying to match paint and find wheels that mesh well color wise. I also don't like buying modified cars. Threw that completely out of the window with this one as well.
          -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot

Comment

I nice set of wheels will make a HUGE difference. Congrats, looks like a nice car
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Some classy wheels, them BOOM. Good pickup!
              -1986 S50Turbo Sedan (475WHP/417WTQ) Castromotorsport Built (Sold)
              -1987 Coupe (17x10.5"/17x14")
              Castromotorsport / Buddha_Concept_designs Built *UnderConstruction*

Follow me on Instagram: obes_sebo
              For more updates:)
              Purchase FeedBack http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=278838

Comment

Needs a teeny bit more low. Otherwise nice carro

Also wtf is with that front license plate frame. Wizardry

Comment

Wheels..ahh yes..wheels. Although it's nice to have some 16x9s at the corners, the borbets just don't do it for me. Exposed 4 lug holes on a 5 spoke wheel looks awful to me.

Height wise, it's a artificially lower than it really is be a use the PO put some 215/40 on there, looks terrible. I'm about to put the LSD to work and fry them outside of the tires shop when I put some 225/40 or 45s on there next week. I'll have to grab some drop hats and take out the rear spring pads to get it back down a little. Coilovers are in the future, I just can't find anyone to weld on the knuckles here, Germans are very picky and don't like to do it.

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                  Also wtf is with that front license plate frame. Wizardry
                  For some reason, there are apparently 638385973 different ways to attach a licence plate to a car. Haha.
                  -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot

Comment

This thing makes me love dripping, glossy red as well. Some hot lipstick on that thing! Sub'd
                    Turbo M50 4 Door Build thread here 4 Sale thread

Comment

Beautiful car! What did the fail you for at inspection?

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                        Beautiful car! What did the fail you for at inspection?
                        The inner ball joints had "too much play". Nevermind I didn't see it when they shook the front suspension nor felt in the 600km I put on it between buying it friday and inspecting it tuesday. They also had zero play when I took them off. Little camber wear, again..needed larger tires anyways.
                        Last edited by crash n' burn; 07-10-2015, 08:45 AM.
                        -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot

Comment

Sweet car. Post up the first one :)

E46t

Comment

Originally posted by leegf View Post
                            Sweet car. Post up the first one :)
                            1st one wasn't THAT bad...it just needed more work than I felt was worth investing in it at the time. It needed a little bit of everything. Wheels weren't my choice either haha.

-89' 320iT, Brilliantrot

Comment

Well shit, roof rack project was a bust. Noticed I had no dash back lighting last night( instruments or anything on the dash). Forgive me that I'm not super familiar with the wiring on the e30.

I feel like these should be plugged in. That relay fires when the door opens; possibly the headlight switch? I'm also still baffled about the rear fog not coming on. The K9 relay it seems like its getting any power but the fuses aren't blown.

-89' 320iT, Brilliantrot

Comment

Working...
                              X