No announcement yet.

Second time's a charm? M-Tech II Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got both my BMWs from the Fatherland!!!! My F30 and the wagon landed just before new years and I went and scooped both up. Thankfully they both arrived without a scratch. Went to Charleston on that Thursday, then Norfolk on that Friday for the wagon; 10hr round trips both days was exhausting but totally worth it. Pulled into the VPC, slapped my temp plates on, took it around the block and fell in love with it all over again.

Got it home and waited for my customs paperwork that showed up early last week. It got to meet my Asian mistress. Just been driving it around on the weekends running errands and stretching her legs on some nice rural back roads.

Little late on the update but I started a new job making pretty decent money with some solid benefits; that was a HUGE weight off my shoulders. Even though I feel like a lot of stuff is happening all at once and really fast, we're supposed to be closing on a new house here in under 30 days. Hopefully then I can really dig in and finish up the suspension overhaul on it now that I'll have my own garage again.

2017 is looking like its shaping up to be a pretty awesome year so far.
    -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot
    -15' 320i, Glacier Silver Metallic

Comment

wow, tons of work!
      Paynemw
      1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
      the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
      1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

fuuuuuck, those wheels are perfect for it. Nice ride man and congrats on the score!
        1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
        1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
        E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Originally posted by paynemw View Post
          wow, tons of work!
          I cant take credit for anything else than keeping it clean and refreshing a lot of stuff so far. I just had a really good platform at start with.

Originally posted by TheWipprSnappr View Post
          fuuuuuck, those wheels are perfect for it. Nice ride man and congrats on the score!
          I had been searching for a set of nagaros for soo long; ended up finding a guy that had some locally and I traded to borbets for them, best decision I'd made. Regular silver weaves just looked too plain on it.
          -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot

Comment

Well, it's been a pretty exciting month and a half. We closed on the house back in the middle of February. House is fantastic,even with a smaller garage than I wanted. It was just too good of a deal to pass on. The E30 and F30 are now registered in the states with zero issues; just waiting on the title to come back to me for the wagon which should be any day now.

Just been doing..ya know..wagon stuff. Such room, much utilitarian.

Got everything all packed away nice and neat. Ended up with quite a bit more room than I was expecting.

I always had a slight dribble of water in the hatch after a hard rain or washing the car so when i noticed one turn signal collecting water I scooped up some tail light seals and replaced them while everything was apart for my stereo.

I've had this stuff sitting in boxes for close to 6 months, I just never got around to doing it. I started doing the head unit and realized i didn't remember seeing the rear speaker wires. Hats off to whatever P/O clipped them; now it makes sense why the car was missing the rear pods in the first place. I found them cut right under the rear door sill s at least it wasn't too hard to reach. Little bit of wire here, some soldering there, and I was go for speakers.

It's not the fanciest setup, but it works and the H/U does BT really well and puts plenty of power to the speakers for whenever I actually listen to music.

The updates and projects should be flowing regularly now that I FINALLY have a garage again. Contemplating picking up a parts car to scavenge some parts off; we'll see how the wife reacts to that one.
            -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot

Comment

Well that escalated quickly. Started with simply changing out a broken fog light bracket.

Just kidding. Figured it was time to mount the splitter I'd won. Think it looks pretty good.

Stupid foglight cover screw rusted away so I flipped the covers, dremeled down the lip, and drilled a new hole

-89' 320iT, Brilliantrot

Comment

great looking car! good luck with everything.

Comment

Man I love this car

Comment

this is pretty awesome
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                    X