Still alive
    1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
    1998 e36 328ic/5 -
    Roundie alpina pig cheek’d (1969)
    1967 2002 parts car
    1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Is the Franken52 motor assembled yet or is the car going to be down for a little while now?
      It’s been a year and I have my friends m52 swap. He ended up selling his car so I have everything needed except a trans and a not so big list of other things to get. I’ve since sold a couple things off of the car just to net some cash while I was broke. I kind of regret it , but I’m not worried about it as I can just buy them back once I need the same parts again. I also bought a complete S50 block to build with and maybe stroke or keep 3 litres just to build my first motor since I’ve always been interested in doing so.
      1998 e36 328ic/5 -
      1967 2002 parts car
      1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Originally posted by BECKSTER View Post
        could I add some personal flare to the pic?

[ATTACH]101434[/ATTACH]
        Lol so old �� I barely hang with half of these guys
        1998 e36 328ic/5 -
        1967 2002 parts car
        1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Remaining Optimistic : 18 y.o. self gets ripped off ---> 24v

Picked up my m52. It’s ready to drop in with the e34 oil pan mounted and the oil pump nut welded. Plus headgasket work done. Just missing e34 mounting arms and need to either relocate or buy a smaller brake booster and then it can sit in the bay. i’m actually going to use a g240 with an e36 325i driveshaft because the same friend who sold me back the m52 now has a late model 325i he is manual swapping and had no luck trying to get the g240 to work . So after a drive up to valley center he has his correct trans to use and i now have one to go with my swap setup.

Sitting behind my e36

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          1998 e36 328ic/5 -
          1967 2002 parts car
          1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Originally posted by JeLani View Post
            Picked up my m52. It’s ready to drop in with the e34 oil pan mounted and the oil pump nut welded. Plus headgasket work done. Just missing e34 mounting arms and need to either relocate or buy a smaller brake booster and then it can sit in the bay.

Its been a little while now, but Im pretty sure you need E36 arms, not E34...

Also, that looks like a OBD2 intake, might as well swap a OBD1 intake on and get more power. M52s are awesome with OBD1 manifold & S50/S52 cams
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Remaining Optimistic : 18 y.o. self gets ripped off ---> 24v

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              Its been a little while now, but Im pretty sure you need E36 arms, not E34...

Also, that looks like a OBD2 intake, might as well swap a OBD1 intake on and get more power. M52s are awesome with OBD1 manifold & S50/S52 cams

Its been way too long but better than never. Aren’t e34 m50 arms what most people go for? I installed my mounts and tried to fit my e36 arm on it and the design of the arm disallowed the mount stud from entering the mount arm hole. And yeah I have had the m50 manifold at my house to use with a trm chipped ews deleted computer with 24lb injectors & 3.5” maf sitting at my house for a few years. A friend of mine has some reground s52 cams by crower to match sunbelt spec , for use with solid lifters, might buy them off of him.

1998 e36 328ic/5 -
              1967 2002 parts car
              1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Im curious , i have a flywheel and clutch for the motor and wasnt able to test fit them , the metal sleeve protruding from one of the eight holes here kept me from putting the flywheel on , could this be removed?

1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                1967 2002 parts car
                1994 318iS junked.

Comment

There should be one bigger hole on the flywheel to fit over that dowel. It's there to help line everything up properly.

Comment

Its been way too long but better than never. Aren’t e34 m50 arms what most people go for? I installed my mounts and tried to fit my e36 arm on it and the design of the arm disallowed the mount stud from entering the mount arm hole. And yeah I have had the m50 manifold at my house to use with a trm chipped ews deleted computer with 24lb injectors & 3.5” maf sitting at my house for a few years. A friend of mine has some reground s52 cams by crower to match sunbelt spec , for use with solid lifters, might buy them off of him.

Simon , if this is how the e36 arms mount on 24v e30s , I was confused because it fit onto the stud upside down only making me unsure if thats how it went. Yeah I’m aware of people who use the stock e36 mounts though! No need to search for e34 ones.

1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                    1967 2002 parts car
                    1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Swap spec list :
                      Rebuilt head
                      Drilled oil nut
                      M50 manifold coversion underway
                      Obd1 conversion [ Need to understand how sensors plug onto m52 ]
                      Obd1 fuel rail installed with 24 pounders.
                      Trm tune

G240 5-speed with stock crossmember (will g260 condor one work? )
                      Have full m42 car driveshaft but people use these or m50 shaft so we’ll see how it goes
                      Shifter equipment might have to be out of an m20 car.
                      Noticed one side of the linkage flange on my g240 is broken so some welding might have to be done.

No brake booster setup yet. People have suggested relocating but I would like to have a smaller brake booster anyways .

1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                      1967 2002 parts car
                      1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Swap spec list :
                        Rebuilt head
                        Drilled oil nut
                        M50 manifold coversion underway
                        Obd1 conversion [ Need to understand how sensors plug onto m52 ]
                        Obd1 fuel rail installed with 24 pounders.
                        Trm tune

G240 5-speed with stock crossmember (will g260 condor one work? )
                        Have full m42 car driveshaft but people use these or m50 shaft so we’ll see how it goes
                        Shifter equipment might have to be out of an m20 car.
                        Noticed one side of the linkage flange on my g240 is broken so some welding might have to be done.

No brake booster setup yet. People have suggested relocating but I would like to have a smaller brake booster anyways .

Lots of people seem to be using the e90 brake booster for this swap as well.

I'm curious if anyone can explain which would be more advantageous for the engine management. doing the wire to mesh with OBD1 or using a standalone system like Haltech?

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                          Lots of people seem to be using the e90 brake booster for this swap as well.

I'm curious if anyone can explain which would be more advantageous for the engine management. doing the wire to mesh with OBD1 or using a standalone system like Haltech?

Using obd1 chipped computer with EWS flash. But I also have obd2 harness already pinned with a flashed ecu . I just want to pass BAR lol. I can go the loophole route with OBD1 but as I read , it is a gamble.

1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                          1967 2002 parts car
                          1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Using obd1 chipped computer with EWS flash. But I also have obd2 harness already pinned with a flashed ecu . I just want to pass BAR lol. I can go the loophole route with OBD1 but as I read , it is a gamble. As the booster I’ve found alot of options such as mk3 golf and 944/968 booster on ebay for relatively good prices , all need some type of modification to fit.

1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                            1967 2002 parts car
                            1994 318iS junked.

Comment

I was told to come to page 9. This is page 4 son! Up your posts per page! And get of my lawn!

Also, I could tell this was a SD swap just from the harsh sun that bleaches out all form of (pictures and...) intelligent life that happens in only two places in the US. Florida, and SD.

I'm just giving you a hard time - rock on with your bad self.
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                                I was told to come to page 9. This is page 4 son! Up your posts per page! And get of my lawn!

Also, I could tell this was a SD swap just from the harsh sun that bleaches out all form of (pictures and...) intelligent life that happens in only two places in the US. Florida, and SD.

I'm just giving you a hard time - rock on with your bad self.
                                Lol my iphone camera lens glass is actually broken lol so my photos look like absolute ass
                                1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                                1967 2002 parts car
                                1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Working...
                                X