No announcement yet.

M50 VEMS PnP standalone group buy - $850

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all the details are in the presentation.

I have been using these for 8 years and never had communications issues, any laptop that can run windows 7 is plenty good.

M52 version now available
    Gunni
    @ Prodrive / Aston Martin Racing

Comment

I sent you a pm the other day with a couple questions. Looking at getting in on this.

Comment

I will be placing an order before march 31st just not sure when gotta get funds up.

Comment

I know it's already been answered. But you are basically saying there isn't a base turbo tune out?

Comment

Sent a PM, would like to place an order, M42

Comment

March update and reminder that this one and only M50 PNP group buy ends this month

sway.com/hKVdAafuzY6aY5xX

12 Participants so far. some shipped, some still in manufacture.

All base maps are turbo ready
              Gunni

Comment

First off, just wanted to shout out to Gunni for replying quickly and answering all my questions.

I just remembered I had another question that some others might have.

Would the M50 Aux connector have enough I/O's for at least 3 separate circuits at the same time? For example, I would like to have the following options all working:
                1. 2 step launch control (would use cruise control switch as the activation circuit),
                2. Electronic Boost control output (boost by gear or for overboost protection)
                3. Switched circuit for 2 different ignition & fuel maps (For example: ability to switch to 91 octane if E85 fuel stations are not available during a road trip). I'm assuming VEMS can change to pre-set tunes when one circuit or the other is completed.

M50nv here from an automatic e34 with the 402 dme

Seriously considering this PnP option since my goals are nothing too crazy for now and there won't be the headache of building a whole new harness.
                '90 325is Schwarz
                5 lug'd 24V Turbo on VEMS

Comment

The aux connector has 3 pulled up analogs and 2 non pulled up (sensors etc) so 3 switches(map switching, launch, flatshifting etc.) can be used without any added pullups needed fitting, but if you were to use pullups you can have 5 switches infact.

There are 2 power outputs so you can run your boost solenoid.
                  Gunni

Comment

Okay thanks Gunni.

One more thing. How would one view afr's? It looks like the Bosch LSU 4.9 connector just connects straight to the Bosch sensor. Seems like one would have to have a laptop or android device plugged in to view afr's rather than an AFR gauge mounted on the dash somewhere.
                    '90 325is Schwarz

Comment

Okay thanks Gunni.

One more thing. How would one view afr's? It looks like the Bosch LSU 4.9 connector just connects straight to the Bosch sensor. Seems like one would have to have a laptop or android device plugged in to view afr's rather than an AFR gauge mounted on the dash somewhere.
                      '90 325is Schwarz

Comment

You can fit the VEMS 52mm gauge, it is designed to receive and display VEMS information.
                        It has 8 "pages" and in each one you can have two values at a time, the gauge has a button to change "pages"

The gauge is $177.
                        There you essentially can have for instance

RPM, TPS, EGT, LAMBDA, AIR TEMP, COOLANT TEMP, MAP.
                        and a combination of each (like Lambda&EGT, Lambda&RPM etc)

Gunni

Comment

^That is awesome! Looks like the "Display-Only round" should do fine with the pnp. And it looks like it just plugs directly in to the RS232 connector coming out of the VEMS unit.

Gunni if we order the pnp from the group buy, can this gauge be added? (with extra money of course).

Thanks again for all the responses.
                          '90 325is Schwarz

Comment

Yes of course, you can add on any VEMS product at its normal retail price.
                            Gunni

Comment

Put me down for 1 VEMS pnp kit for my M50nv. Paypal sent.

Bump for a good deal! Can't wait to go CHOO CHOO!
                              '90 325is Schwarz

Comment

I got mine yesterday and have to say this is a very well thought out system with every pin and connector you need for what you order, to make it true PnP. Now I just need some time to install.

Comment

Working...
                                X