selector rod pins parallel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

selector rod pins parallel?

Hey, so I just got a dssr and I'm wondering, are the pins supposed to be parallel? Because mine aren't, and I might take a torch to it and straighten things out before I install, to have my lever sit even left/right at rest.
    Jah bless! :pimp:

Are you saying the ends are twisted in relation to each other? If so, sounds like you got a 24V swap DSSR and not a regular one.

Comment

Yea, only thing is the dssr I got only came as the regular m20 style, if they are supposed to be parallel then the guy that welded mine screwed up.

Comment

Has almost this much twist (not my picture, just scrolled thru google til I found a match)

Comment

24V ones have a 10º twist I believe. Try measuring it with a protractor.

Comment

Thats dssr for m50/52 with g260 trans
            [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
            ---------------------------------------------------------------
            [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
            Transaction Feedback

Comment

If photobucket wasnt being a piece of shit I'd have pics for yall...

Comment

Originally posted by Streichholzschächtelchen View Post
                If photobucket wasnt being a piece of shit I'd have pics for yall...
                Use tapatalk from phone then
                [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
                [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
                Transaction Feedback

Comment

Well shit lets see if this works. Tapatalk seems like a piece of shit too.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by Streichholzschächtelchen; 11-02-2016, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Comment

I think this shot shows it best, the flat head of the pins show how the pins are not on the same plane as each other. I hope this doesn't cause my shifter to lean to the left when sitting limp in neutral.

Comment

So is it supposed to have this much twist in standard m20 dssr's or not, lol somebody chime in please. It looks to me like they fucked up but I don't have any selector rods to compare it to right now.

Comment

Dude it's probably just broken no biggie..lol jk. I would just use it
                            88' BMW 325is - Daily

Comment

Well I asked a dude at Ireland Engineering where I bought it, and he said it's fine. Honestly I'm still unsure if my lever will sit straight, but I'm doing an m30 swap so chances are I'll end up cutting it in half to shorten it anyways so for me it's a non-issue. I'll clamp it back together once my shifter sits perfectly straight.

Comment

Working...
                              X