Short Throw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short Throw

Today i took the Z3 short shifter off of my old 1987 325i and put it on my 1990 325is and the linkage was hitting the driveshaft. My coworked decided that grinding it down was an easy solution to the problem but now a bigger one has occured. When i try to shift into reverse or 5th the linkage starts bending and the shifter will be touching either sides of the boot. Now i cant get it into reverse or 5th. is the linkage differrent between the two and who can i get the part from. Any help would be great

pretty sure the shifter tower is different between the 2 and a couple smaller things.
    Last edited by TS323; 11-17-2010, 02:57 PM.

Comment

its likely hitting the harmonic balancer now. You can remove that thing with no ill effects. Unless your 87 is a very early car it should have an aluminum shift carrier same as your late model. You likely have a few issues going on including a shot shift carrier bushing allowing more slop. Im glad to help you put together what you need to fix it. Youll need a new "whatever it was your buddy ground down" though. Thats never a good solution and now its obviously weaker
      Off the top of my head the sheet metal consoles ended 8/86 or so
      We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

You should have bent it instead of shaving it

Comment

Working...
        X