No announcement yet.

Vinyl Shadowlining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stuff I got from summit is more of a satin. It's holding up fine for me, and it's been raining for the past week.

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
      newer cars are a bit different as their molding is more difficult to remove. For the trouble I suggest powder coating.
      I've decided powdercoating is gonna be the best solution also. I'll post some pics when they're done.

Comment

You guys just need higher quality vinyl to prevent shrinkage. Also, you need to try not to stretch it any more than is absolutely necessary.

Paint is likely easier, but vinyl will theoretically hold up to the elements better (rock chips at least).
        Jason
        flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Philipangoo View Post
          I know alot of people use to use "shadowline tape" or basically black electrical tape to shadowline their cars, but I have seen alot of people on E90 and E46 forums start using this site http://bmwshadowline.com/ to shadowline their cars.

For the window trim pieces I would guess we would have to remove the trim from the car to wrap it, but it seems to be a pretty feasible and more permanent way of shadowlining. My car currently has plastidip and one think I couldnt get was a consistent finish along the whole trim.

What you guys think ? Anyone ever tried this ? I am ordering a roll for one of my cars I suppose I can try to see how it works on my E30. Apparently it can stretch to fit contours of trim very well and sticks very securely.
          i just ordered a roll of this, the shadowline on my e28 is chiping (prev owner painted it).

I will let everyone know how this turns out.

Comment

Working...
          X