Maintenance records/history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maintenance records/history

How much does having maintenance records affect the price of the car? I.e. a 325e with full records or no records, an M3 with full records or no records, or an M-tech 2 convertible, the same as well? Thanks in advance.

well it would show how they took care of the car... anyone who keeps the records probably took pride in there ride....
    1988 e30 alpine white vert 5speed
    1987 e30 325 eta
    1983 e28 533
    2001 x5 4.4l
    1997 e36 M3 Alpine white 5speed
    1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

Comment

The value of a car is perceived by the potential buyer. If the buyer compares 2 of the exact same cars, except one costs a little more and has full records, they would undoubtedly go for the car with full records and pay the extra costs in hope to save money in the long run.

Comment

Both very valid points. But what would be the monetary difference between the two? Mainly speaking the M-tech 2 convertible.

Comment

Originally posted by e30_luv_ View Post
          Both very valid points. But what would be the monetary difference between the two? Mainly speaking the M-tech 2 convertible.
          Think about it. If you have maintenance records saying you haven't done anything other than oil changes for the last 15 years it isn't worth much is it?

If the maintenance records show that the proper maintenance schedule has been followed and depending on the mileage that the engine has had at least a top end rebuild it is worth something.

Of course if you have a shop rebuild your top end it is going to cost at least $1000 for labour and parts and you will never see that money back when you sell.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

I like seeing service history when I buy a car but it doesn't really change how I evaluate it. A piece of shit is still a piece of shit even if it has full history.

I do keep all of my bills/ invoices though.

Comment

Working...
            X