No announcement yet.

ST1G's s52 OBDII Calypsorot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight I got a little bit done. I lifted the car up to change the oil and the lower half of the motor is coated in oil (no surprise there really). it appears the oil pan gasket is leaking, there isn't much oil north of the pan.

I used about two litres of Purple Power and got her cleaned up a little. I really need to take a power washer to it.

Next I addressed the air filter. It still has the stock air box :bow: The filter is surprisingly clean, but I'm going to replace it, as well as the boot that leads to the front of the car.

Then I was on to the grilles, I have about 25 sets of euro grilles siting around, so I figured I'd paint a set and throw them on. Those sets are for sale keep in mind. (Mention this shameless plug an I'll give you $10 off a set :ot: )

I also decided to spruce up the vents and wiper arms since I had the paint out. I purchased some new wipers as well.

Lastly I cleaned the windows, they were absolutely filthy. They aren't perfect now, but much better.

Tomorrow I plan on getting the interior cleaned up a bit. I picked up some new seatbelt receivers.

Last edited by ST1G; 07-13-2014, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Looks exactly like mine when i first got it. Mine had a cracked head a disgusting smokers interior full to the top with the POs crap. A little love a now it is presentable. Keep up the good work.

E30 M30 B35 Swap Mounts!
      http://store.garagistic.com/ocart/e3...=5475809a87e04

Comment

in for updates. this looks alarmingly similar to my zinno when i first picked it up. mine had less stickers but more parts missing. i have been DYING to get my shit up on a lift and power wash the fuck out of it, it looks almost exactly like yours underneath haha

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
        IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

Looks like a nice pick up, I'm glad I passed your bringing this car back to glory.
          instagram

Comment

Originally posted by mohamed... View Post
            Looks exactly like mine when i first got it. Mine had a cracked head a disgusting smokers interior full to the top with the POs crap. A little love a now it is presentable. Keep up the good work.
            Wow! That's impressive. Did you redo your paint or was it in good condition? I am thinking that I'm going to go with style 5's. I like that look.

Originally posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
            in for updates. this looks alarmingly similar to my zinno when i first picked it up. mine had less stickers but more parts missing. i have been DYING to get my shit up on a lift and power wash the fuck out of it, it looks almost exactly like yours underneath haha
            I'll take the stickers, and all the parts.

I would love to get it up on a lift, but don't have one. I'll have to get it up on jack stands as high as I can get it.

Originally posted by Big Willy View Post
            Looks like a nice pick up, I'm glad I passed your bringing this car back to glory.
            I appreciate it, I think it's going to turn out well. I'm not even planning on touching the suspension until I get those coils from you. I figured I'd get bushing taken care of as well.

Comment

I spy M3 cabs
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                Then I was on to the grilles, I have about 25 sets of euro grilles siting around, so I figured I'd paint a set and throw them on. Those sets are for sale keep in mind. (Mention this shameless plug an I'll give you $10 a set :ot: )

Grills and trim look great what is your preferred paint to use???
                Last edited by ThatOneEuroE30; 07-09-2014, 10:15 AM.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  I spy M3 cabs
                  Wow, I didn't even notice. I looked at them yesterday but didn't even think twice about it. That has to be one of the only non OEM parts on the car. I'll take it!

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                  Grills and trim look great what is your preferred paint to use???
                  Anyway you could edit your post and only grab the photo of the grille? It's annoying to people (me) to scroll through photos, to just have to scroll through the same photos again. You're looking to keep the 9th photo (painted euro grilles installed) Thanks :)

I like to use this on the grille. I like it to be a little bit more shinny then flat. I used some flat paint on the wipers and vents.

Comment

gonna have to get some thanks. sorry bout the quote was on my phone

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                      gonna have to get some thanks. sorry bout the quote was on my phone
                      No worries, I know how it goes ;D

I usually just get it at Walmart. I think it's a good color, and last quite a while.

Comment

Tonight I got my rear brakes done. I swear, e30 rear brakes are the worst brakes to change, I remember having a bear of a time when I did them on my zinno two years ago. Tonight was no different. I think I must suck at brake changing but I had to hammer to get the second pad in. Took about 2 hours for the rear brakes

I know, I need new rotors, they've been ordered. The brakes won't be used till they are installed.

Next I moved onto the interior, It was made up of mostly dirt, with some dirty coins, and other stuff.

Vacuumed & wiped

It got too dark to get any results photos. I spent hours scrubbing vacuuming, reapplying cleaner, repeating.

I got over $1.25 in change back. Now that's a value.

Comment

i found just shy of $10 in change and an 8gb ipod touch in mine when i cleaned it. there were a few coins UNDER the carpet. and what's the deal with these back brakes? they really are a pain in the ass.

good progress!

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
                          IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

Originally posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
                            i found just shy of $10 in change and an 8gb ipod touch in mine when i cleaned it. there were a few coins UNDER the carpet. and what's the deal with these back brakes? they really are a pain in the ass.

good progress!

I got them changed. But there isn't much room to get the second pad in after the first pad goes in. I had to use a dead blow and just pound on it.

I'm going to bleed the brakes tomorrow and get new front pads in.

Comment

lol
                              We're out there in here.

Comment

This thing is hawt. You need to ditch that shitty steering wheel
                                sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Working...
                                X