My '89 325ix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by driftxsequence View Post
    What was your issue with the carrier not fitting? Mine stock shifter fit, I had to simply grind down the edges of the bushing in the shift rod. I think because your assembly is resting low, it is showing an interference - if you hold it up parallel or higher it will be fine! See my build thread for the few pictures i took..haha
    Mine doesn't clear the bezel with the stock shifter. Even in the rough mounting position it is no where close to fitting. Z3 1.9 arm was only $64 so I'm not to mad about having to order one
    89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
    I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
      80a motor mounts and trans case mount
      Front subframe reinforcement plates
      I'm sure you've either figured this out or about to, but the ix doesn't have trans mounts, the motor mounts are ix specific, and it has a different front subframe than RWD e30s so those reinforcements aren't going to work. Good thread though! Makes me want to get back to work on my ix.
      My Garage
      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
        I'm sure you've either figured this out or about to, but the ix doesn't have trans mounts, the motor mounts are ix specific, and it has a different front subframe than RWD e30s so those reinforcements aren't going to work. Good thread though! Makes me want to get back to work on my ix.
        Thanks! The ix can be a bit of a pain but it's totally worth it :D

As to your comments, meant to say transfer case. I had garagistic make me a set of 80A motor mounts and the t-case mount so I should be set there. Didn't think about the motor mounts being completely different when I bought em...oops

So now I have is trans mounts from a flub up from garagistic (Sent me is instead of ix) as well as is reinforcement plates. hmmmm. Seems I need to get an is to use all of these parts
        Last edited by ThatM20Guy; 02-09-2017, 12:54 PM.

I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
          Mine doesn't clear the bezel with the stock shifter. Even in the rough mounting position it is no where close to fitting. Z3 1.9 arm was only $64 so I'm not to mad about having to order one
          I still dont follow you. I used the stock shifter with garagistic DSSR and delrin front/rear carrier bushings.
          325IX Build Thread
          RX7 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by driftxsequence View Post
            I still dont follow you. I used the stock shifter with garagistic DSSR and delrin front/rear carrier bushings.
            Idk. Best I can explain it. But it definitely doesn't fit that is for sure.

Comment

Got the sideskirts mostly fixed. The PO put some weird ass black silicone/adhesive shit to try and glue on the sideskirt and it totally didn't work. The skirt pulled away from the side and left an ugly hard residue. Got some sideskirt clips so I was able to get it back to looking mostly good. Still need to sand off the rest of the dried crap.

Installed the DSSR the other day and got the trans up an in. Originally thought the DSSR would clear the t-case and the flex disc. Took if for a drive yesterday and it wasn't happy. Almost impossible to get into R-1-2-5 due to the corners of the DSSR hitting the tcase. You can shift in 3rd and 4th but you can definitely feel rubbing. Whenever the driveshaft is spinning there is a not quite clicking noise but definitely sounds like it is rubbing on the guibo. Transfer case will have to come out this weekend just so I can file down 1/8 inch of metal. Not to happy about that.

On a side note, I am still waiting for the tcase mount that I ordered from Garagistic late December. They screwed up the order the first time and I had to wait 5 weeks to get it, and now they said they shipped it out on February 14th and still no tracking number or any updates on the shipping.

Will throw some pics up when I get home

Comment

sub, cool project
                https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
                https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

Originally posted by litu View Post
                  sub, cool project
                  Thanks man!

I got big plans for this project...did somebody say 2.8 high comp itb build ;D
                  Last edited by ThatM20Guy; 02-22-2017, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Wow that sound cool...
                    https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
                    https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

great progress! We ix members gotta stick together. Let me know if you ever have any questions and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                        great progress! We ix members gotta stick together. Let me know if you ever have any questions and vice versa.
                        Thanks! Slowly but surely making headway. Still chasing idle problems which are my main enemy as of now.

And we sure do!!! Not many around now a days so it's always cool to see another one around. :D
                        Last edited by ThatM20Guy; 02-23-2017, 11:57 AM.

Comment

I've gone through the list for idle. I think I've replaced almost everything at this point. I was having an issue with my car dying after it starts for so long. I've replaced everything except the CPS which was probably the issue all along. I'd say for idle though, it could be anything. Probably vacuum

Comment

I've gone through the list for idle. I think I've replaced almost everything at this point. I was having an issue with my car dying after it starts for so long. I've replaced everything except the CPS which was probably the issue all along. I'd say for idle though, it could be anything. Probably vacuum
                            I only have 2 vacuum leaks left which are the 2 metal elbows coming off the throttle body. Just have to JB weld those in place. After that if my idle is still wonky basically the only thing left that would be wrong is the coolant temp sensor which I am pretty sure is my problem. It idles fine when warm, just on cold starts it wants to die.

Comment

I'd think about the crank position sensor. I regret not replacing mine earlier.

Comment

I'd think about the crank position sensor. I regret not replacing mine earlier.
                                I'll look into it. A new coolant temp is only $15 so I'm going to try that before I get a $60 cps. If the crank sensor was bad wouldn't it affect more than just the cold start idle? I feel like it would affect the whole rev range, but I am pretty new to e30's so I could be wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X