NEW V2 c.c turbo kit+Bolt-on M20 turbo Kit by Kamotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
    I run a 3.15 torsen in my car as well as Peattie, and theblik. Kam has a 3.73 if Im not mistaken.
    Not to bragg, but I have a 3.46 LSD from an e28

--->>>1988 SETA 2.7i Build Thread (Turbo Prep)<<<---

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
      So more pics:) Getting close to shipment date for my first buyer.
      You guys are getting a LOT of parts.
      Beautiful

--->>>1988 SETA 2.7i Build Thread (Turbo Prep)<<<---

Comment

Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
        I will openly admit i dont know much about turbo, except its cheaper than doing a full swap. I would want to get a moderate level of boost but not at the expense of reliability or longevity of my engine. Is your basic package setup that way or would i need to tune it down (if that makes sense)?

Thanks
        Originally posted by kamotors View Post
        the internal wastegate setup is set to about 15psi, but I can supply lower psi springs if the customer wants less boost.

What range of psi do you recommend and what kind of power would that put out? Thanks

Comment

I like 15psi but some people only want like 7-9 psi. 15psi should be well over 300whp. The power output really depends on the tune.

7speedshop.com

Comment

^^Thanks! Love the pics. Really considering this

Comment

A couple Questions for ya cam. When i go on boost, how much of my drivetrain will i have to replace with upgraded parts (Other then my clutch) ? Driveshaft? rear axles? Or are they good stock ?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Comment

And am i gonna need a new cam or just an adjustment ?

Comment

man this is making me want to m20 my car again!
                  My feedback:
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
                  @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

Originally posted by stephenp95 View Post
                    A couple Questions for ya cam. When i go on boost, how much of my drivetrain will i have to replace with upgraded parts (Other then my clutch) ? Driveshaft? rear axles? Or are they good stock ?

Originally posted by stephenp95 View Post
                    And am i gonna need a new cam or just an adjustment ?

the only upgrade to the drivetrain I w2ould say is NEEDED is a upgraded clutch. OEM Driveshaft works perfect, OEM axles are fine unless you have like super sticky tires on a drag strip, and the oem LSD works perfect.

no need to upgrade the head unless your going for tons of power.

7speedshop.com

Comment

If i go boost over motor (272 or 288 cam ported heads bore/stroke to 3.0 miller 3.0"maf and longtubes) id probally go with your same setup. The only reason im considering motor over turbo is to keep my ac, (i hears you lose it...?) And would frankly be cheaper.

Comment

People need to think out of the box a little here. If AC is such a hold up, convert to an electric compressor setup. You'll still have AC and you'll have turbo, best of both worlds :-)
                        Makers of AC and DC Variable Speed Compressors and Specialized Thermal Systems
                        Last edited by justin_l_; 01-27-2014, 06:43 PM.

Comment

charge pipes

7speedshop.com

Comment

15psi safe on a bone stock motor?
                            Originally posted by blunttech
                            r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

Hmmm, I have an m20 sitting in my garage, and sometime over the next few years I will be rebuilding it...

If I wanted to build my m20 with this turbo in mind, and build it for long term reliability with 10psi-ish, would you recommend anything non-stock while I am doing the rebuild?

I used to have a mk1 scirocco boosted with 7psi, and I just loved that turbo, but this kit in this chassis, would be heaven.

87 4dr specE30: Bitsy (lurking above), 89 4dr 325i blau, 91 318is brillrot, 90 325ivertbronzit

Comment

Originally posted by Killacortes View Post
                                15psi safe on a bone stock motor?

I suggest ARP head studs and a fresh headgasket as a minimum. Other than that the m20 doesnt complain. Reliability is in the tune. I only supply a base tune, this gets the car started and cruising safely but you better double check you AFR readings before you go into boost. My timing maps are conservative for these kits so the only thing the buyer needs to make sure of is that the AFR reads correct, should be near 11.8 in boost or richer.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                                X