Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you interested in doing a 24v swap? Read this!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JG is right

"...You could literally spend anywhere from $300 to $10k+."...

this thread is kinda silly.....people pay what the job is worth to them. No matter how ez it seems.....there are so many swaps that are just hacked.

GL in getting it done.......when done well,,,,youll love it.
    I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

just FYI guys, Wiki is down, Was going to look at something on there, it's not up anymore. some kind of site error.
      Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

I have the m50 swapped. Now Im installing the ZF320 Trans, but I want to get the z shifter and add the UUC DssR, so which DssR do I get?
        sigpic

Comment

I made mine custom but I think the UUC should work fine if you have the funds for it.
          Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

I was multitasking earlier and my question did not come out right. I meant to say, what year car should I order for the swap I have? 98 M3, 97 528, e30, or uuc sell a special made for this particular swap? Im guessing regular e30, just wanted to be sure.
            sigpic

Comment

I believe it has to match the transmission.

Comment

Youre right, it has to be for an e36 328/M3 DSSR. I just placed an order from ECS Tuning.
                sigpic

Comment

the wiki link is no good any more? is there a new version or is it gone forever?
                  87' 325is For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by e30325is603 View Post
                    the wiki link is no good any more? is there a new version or is it gone forever?
                    C6Z
                    S2K
                    VeloN

Comment

I keep trying the first site but says "not found"
                      1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
                      1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
                      E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWipprSnappr View Post
                        I keep trying the first site but says "not found"
                        Already fixed this in the post literally right above yours but here ya go - http://e30dohc-swap.wikia.com/wiki/E30DOHC_Swap_Wikia#
                        C6Z
                        S2K
                        VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by jaywood View Post
                          Some can't afford it. Others just like the g260 better.

Personal preference, i think. Just wondering why you're going with the zf
                          with the 260 you have to bust your ass making or buying brace fabricating selector rod, have you shifter leaning like a limp noodle.smashing the center console when shifting to fifth.

use the same tranny as the engine, i did the 260 for the weight reduction and regret it. this time im taking the wise route

Comment

Are you looking for a ZF tranny? I have an extra one. I'm down in SD.

Comment

getrag 260 shitfter

Originally posted by smooth View Post
                              Are you looking for a ZF tranny? I have an extra one. I'm down in SD.
                              I wouldn't mind replacing the getrag because second gea wont engage unless revved high or i force it in gear.

I need to check the shifter linkage, I might have gotten it welded too short and its not reaching the gear possibly?

pm me with price please

Comment

Does a 24v swap into a 1991 318is require any chassis modification, i.e. cutting off brackets or anything? Basically I'm wondering if this swap is fully reversible.
                                1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

Working...
                                X