Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone run 944 Booster and BBK on your swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone run 944 Booster and BBK on your swap?

So I'm getting ready to start my S52 swap and looking at brake solutions. I didn't want to go with one of the smaller boosters because I don't want to add HP and take away brake power; but it looks like a new booster, modified booster / master cylinder is going to run me a lot of coin since I don't weld and can't find a used one locally. That is coin I would much rather put towards a UUC BBK.

I can modify a 944 booster myself pretty cheaply. So my question is, how is the 944 booster with a BBK? Is going with a smaller booster and a BBK better or worse than stock as far as stopping power? It's a daily so I'm not looking for a track monster, just spirited driving.
    Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

I'm running a 944 booster with the RX-7 brake upgrade and it's fantastic. I've tracked my car, which is swapped with an s52, and the brakes were more than adequate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the feedback!
      Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

theres people that track their cars w/ s52's with autozone pads. nothing to complain but theres so much better out there. so your good to go w/ bbk or not.

Comment

I can add another one to the 'it works' column. 944 booster + CATuned BBK and I'm a happy camper.

Comment

Thanks! Always good to get more feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by gkurey View Post
              I can add another one to the 'it works' column. 944 booster + CATuned BBK and I'm a happy camper.
              Hey, that's crazy you responded, I just went through your build thread today. Hey a question if you don't mind? I read that you couldn't drop the engine in with the harmonic balancer and ac bracket on, but looking at your pics looks like you dropped it in with both on. Is that the case? Just curious. Not that it's a big deal in the grand scheme, just trying to keep as much on as I can when I drop it.

Comment

944 booster here- there is most definitely a noticeable decrease in braking assistance in comparison to the stock booster. Although this would be expected with almost 2 inches less in diameter. Same overall braking power though.
                My car is alright for street use on the stock brake setup with some decent pads, but BBK is definitely happening in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Mwishlist View Post
                  Hey, that's crazy you responded, I just went through your build thread today. Hey a question if you don't mind? I read that you couldn't drop the engine in with the harmonic balancer and ac bracket on, but looking at your pics looks like you dropped it in with both on. Is that the case? Just curious. Not that it's a big deal in the grand scheme, just trying to keep as much on as I can when I drop it.
                  Haha, funny how that works out?! I think I actually ended up dropping the AC bracket off after encountering some issues getting the motor in, but I am nearly 100% certain the balancer was still on!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X